Recorded shows disappearing on WD 2TB My Book Essential

Plasmanite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
Recently I noticed that recordings have been disappearing from my WD 2TB My Book Essential external hdd. I recorded the Hell on Wheels marathon on a VIP722 and then transferred them to the WD. Today I checked the WD and noticed that all the Hell on Wheels episodes were gone. The WD is almost full, on <50 GB left. This isn't the first time I've noticed this. I also lost a few movies. Any ideas what's happening?

There's a limit on how many shows can be saved, not just a limit on filling up your drive. I don't remember how many it is, but it appears you have reached it. The shows are still there, you just can't access them or even see them until you delete enough stuff to get under the total limit, then they'll magically appear again.

Reactions: TheKrell
There's a limit on how many shows can be saved, not just a limit on filling up your drive. I don't remember how many it is, but it appears you have reached it. The shows are still there, you just can't access them or even see them until you delete enough stuff to get under the total limit, then they'll magically appear again.

Thanks. There's currently 1000 recordings. So If I transfer recordings from the VIP722 to the WD's remaining 50 GB will they actually transfer, but not be seen until I delete some?

Thanks. There's currently 1000 recordings. So If I transfer recordings from the VIP722 to the WD's remaining 50 GB will they actually transfer, but not be seen until I delete some?

Correct. I looked it up, and the file limit is: 999 files.

So, if you really only have 1000, delete one show and the rest should now show up.

Correct. I looked it up, and the file limit is: 999 files.

So, if you really only have 1000, delete one show and the rest should now show up.

I think you meant to say that if you delete one, another one will show up. I don't think anybody knows which program folders will disappear or reappear first.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts