Recording 3 Shows!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mongo_Slade

Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Sorry if this was covered but my HR20 can now record 3 shows at once! Coach Potato Heaven!

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b326/Nu_Delic/directv.jpg

Last edited:
its something like this:

channel 2 from 2:00 - 3:02
channel 2 from 2:55 - 4:02

channel 4 from 2:55 - 4:02

u would be recording 3 things at 3:00 that way

but....there has to be a channel overlap like channel 2 above....u cant do 3 seperate channels at once.

its something like this:

channel 2 from 2:00 - 3:02
channel 2 from 2:55 - 4:02

channel 4 from 2:55 - 4:02

u would be recording 3 things at 3:00 that way

but....there has to be a channel overlap like channel 2 above....u cant do 3 seperate channels at once.

i took a pic too but can't post yet. it must be a fluke/bug but is pretty cool. I think it has something to do with the stop time I set. Added 1 1/2 hour.

This behavior has been known about for a while. So long as the DVR can do it with only two tuners this is quite possible.

So as I understand the scenario, you record 2 1-hour shows on Channels 2 & 3 at 3pm, Channel 3 has a 1.5 hr scheduled extra time. Then there are two additional shows set to record at 4pm on Channels 4 & 5. At 4pm, Channel 2 drops off as Tuner 1 changes to Channel 4, and somehow Tuner 2 tunes to Channel 5 while continuing to record Channel 3 for an additional hour and a half.

So my main questions is this: Is Tuner 2 actually still recording Channel 3 AND Channel 5 at the same time; or are you now creating two duplicate recordings of Channel 5 beginning at 4pm.

And are you not confusing a VOD recording with a "live" recording? The HR series can record two live shows and download a VOD program simultaneously.

If I understand the picture, it is recording the same channel for 2 of the recordings, just using different titles. 1st & 3rd recordings are on 604 VSGHD.

yes like i said u need the same channel involved + a time overlap.

try recording 3 different channels at the same time....cant do it.

This thread would have been more appropriate on April 1.

With this logic, you can record 4 things at once.

Hey, throw in a VOD download and call it 5. :rolleyes:

Let's face it.. OTA is going away. With as many HD LILs that have come aboard, the user base that demands OTA integration is become less and less. I dont think D will want to invest any development time on this.

Let's face it.. OTA is going away. With as many HD LILs that have come aboard, the user base that demands OTA integration is become less and less. I dont think D will want to invest any development time on this.

OTA is NOT going away..... Why would it ?
Sure, D* can get away with it saying that you can get your loclas on thier sat, but that would only be practical IF they allowed Significantly Viewed channels.
I do not have Locals in HD and D* appearantly doesn't have them coming either.

Even if they did have them, the OTA channels are always crisper.
I use my OTA channels daily and when a storm should hit that is bad enough to knock my signal out, mine don't go out very often because I have it peaked , but many people are not and would lose signal when they need it the most.

I know D* doesn't plan on having OTA's available in thier rec.'s I still think this is stupid, but I don't make the choices.

Jimbo

When I say that, I mean as a focus from a sat provider. There will be very few markets not offered by end of year. From their prospective, it is not worthwhile (or profitable) to focus on so few people.

From MY perspective, I still use it. I pay my mortgage in buffalo, but I live in NYC. ;)

Where do they come

When I say that, I mean as a focus from a sat provider. There will be very few markets not offered by end of year. From their prospective, it is not worthwhile (or profitable) to focus on so few people.

From MY perspective, I still use it. I pay my mortgage in buffalo, but I live in NYC. ;)

Where do you think that D* & E* get nearly all of their LIL but from OTA? Plus there are OTA's that are not carried by the sat co's. Main reason I'm still w/E* is the fact I can record 3 network shows at once, 1 OTA & 2 sat.

Not missing the point, but I for one will not be taking down my antenna when we get our HD-LIL in October. With whatever D* is planning to carry, we would be missing out on about 5-7 channels that I currently get OTA. I don't watch those auxiliary sub-channels often, but occasionally they do carry something I want. I agree that D* is smart to "focus" on the majority that can get what they want/need via LIL, but I only hope that they don't forget about thsoe of us who do want OTA integration. We may be a minority, but we are a smart and vocal minority. :)

My point is D is not going to invest programmers to make this happen (3 channels at once). Well never say never. But I highly doubt it. Would I love it? You bet. But a very small percentage of subscribers use OTA and that number will continue to dwindle. D acknowledges this as evidence of the Am21 product. I'm just saying, dont expect it anytime soon, if ever.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts