Recording 4 channels without PTAT (directly).

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
I have PTAT enabled but not for the nights where this is happening.
I am getting 2 PTAT-eligible channels and 2 non-PTAT channels at the same time.
I have had it twice on one night and again tonight.
I did not think this was possible.
So it must be using PTAT capability to get the two but just store them as regular recordings.

-Ken

Yep, was introduced a few FW releases ago. S244 finally fixed it to where it didn't still limit you to only 3 at once.

You can actually record 7 with a OTA Module

You can actually record 2 sat + 4 PTAT + 1 OTA just tried it

You may have missed the point that PTAT was not enabled for that day, yet it recorded whose channels while still doing the other 2 non-PTAT sat channels with no other PTAT recorded not any delay in availability. (I don't have OTA on my H2000.)
-Ken

I actually did it on a Hopper without PTAT enabled. My point was that you can record the big 4 for your market on any of your Hoppers with only using one tuner.

You may have missed the point that PTAT was not enabled for that day, yet it recorded whose channels while still doing the other 2 non-PTAT sat channels with no other PTAT recorded not any delay in availability. (I don't have OTA on my H2000.)
-Ken

KKlare, I am not getting it. Can you explain it a little more what exactly is going on with your PTAT? Are you setting any timers? Sorry and Thanks

-Ken
Anytime (not just during Prime Time) you record two or more of the Big Four networks simultaneously, it uses only one tuner...even if you do not have PTAT enabled.

Anytime (not just during Prime Time) you record two or more of the Big Four networks simultaneously, it uses only one tuner...even if you do not have PTAT enabled.

Thanks for that clarification. I didn't know it did that. If you don't have PTAT enabled, can you still use auto hop on the big four you do record or do you have to have PTAT enabled?

Nice little software enhancement.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks blackjackmark, right now I am recording four anytime non PTAT (big four non prime time), two satellite, and one OTA channel as I type for a total of seven channels. Really awesome.

Thanks for that clarification. I didn't know it did that. If you don't have PTAT enabled, can you still use auto hop on the big four you do record or do you have to have PTAT enabled?
You must have PTAT enabled for at least 1 network on at least 1 day of the week and then Auto-hop will work on any of the four network programming you have recorded.

I think the AutoHop data is only created for PT shows so there would be no info for other times.
Just thankful for multichannel recording on one tuner, now extended in the schedule.

-Ken

I think the AutoHop data is only created for PT shows so there would be no info for other times.
Just thankful for multichannel recording on one tuner, now extended in the schedule.

-Ken

OK, thanks KKlare. I will run a test Monday and check the the next day to see if the AutoHop engages for the recorded non prime time big four channels. Weekend schedule is to wacky so will use a week type schedule that is more stable.

OK, thanks KKlare. I will run a test Monday and check the the next day to see if the AutoHop engages for the recorded non prime time big four channels. Weekend schedule is to wacky so will use a week type schedule that is more stable.

OK KKlare, got a non prime time big four networks test set to go on two Hoppers to see if AutoHop will set. Hopper #1 has PTAT enabled and Hopper #2 PTAT is not enabled. For simplicity purposes I have seven timers set for each Hopper to record all at the same time. Four big four network, two satellite, and one OTA, all non prime time (09:00 am CST) set to fire tomorrow (Monday). Timers are a mixture of one time, only new, new & reruns, and daily. I will report back Tuesday how the test goes.

I actually did it on a Hopper without PTAT enabled. My point was that you can record the big 4 for your market on any of your Hoppers with only using one tuner.

This is good to know (since often one tuner is being used by PTAT during times when we're not even going to watch any of the recordings).

OK KKlare, got a non prime time big four networks test set to go on two Hoppers to see if AutoHop will set. Hopper #1 has PTAT enabled and Hopper #2 PTAT is not enabled. For simplicity purposes I have seven timers set for each Hopper to record all at the same time. Four big four network, two satellite, and one OTA, all non prime time (09:00 am CST) set to fire tomorrow (Monday). Timers are a mixture of one time, only new, new & reruns, and daily. I will report back Tuesday how the test goes.

Test complete. AutoHop did not show up for all the big four networks non prime time recordings. So I guess it is ok to say (for now) the big four networks AutoHop sets for prime time hours only. The one timer for all big four networks non prime time hours worked good with PTAT enabled or not enabled. Both Hopper's timers recorded all programs.

charlesrshell thanks for that testing. Expected prime-time only AutoHop.
At least if you use non-PTAT you get to move the programs to EHDs right away.
Well, I haven't seen how close to the program end you can do that.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts