Recording a show?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Northeast PA
I have an HR22...I recorded American Idol last night.. It recorded for 1 hour; but AI went on for maybe 5 mins more. So, I missed the last 5 mins.... I guess the DVR only records for the 1 hour increment .. Why wouldn't it tape the whole show? Is this normal?
Thanks

absolutely normal you need to pad the time if you expect the time to exceed the programm time. Read your instruction book.

I time shifted my viewing about a 1.2 hr. I noticed that no way would it end before 9.

So while watching, I padded the recording another 15 mins.

List,

Highlight the show recording / ENTER

Arrow down to "recording" / ENTER

Slide over and change the recoding end time and change from on time to whatever you want. I selected 15 mins.

All this while watching the recording.

Also most TV shows I pad by 15 mins. You never know.

That is certainly true for any live show. You can blame Tatiana Del Toro for last night's over-run.

I have an HR22...I recorded American Idol last night.. It recorded for 1 hour; but AI went on for maybe 5 mins more. So, I missed the last 5 mins.... I guess the DVR only records for the 1 hour increment .. Why wouldn't it tape the whole show? Is this normal?
Thanks

Look at the time it is scheduled to go off ... I hate it when a show decides to do that, it pushes everything else out of wack and the rest don't record properly, I'm amazed that they are allowed to do that.

Check and notice what time the show says it will be going off, sometimes it will say 8-9:05 or something like that, in that case, YES the recorder WILL record it.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts