Recording and Virtual Joey

menelfloss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
Thinking of getting a Hopper with 2 Joeys. My questions are:
  1. Do you need a joey for each tv additional to the one hooked up to the Hopper?
  2. I understand you can record 8 programs simultaniously... is that in addition to the show bing watched?
  3. Is the "virtual joey" for PS4 free? and does it record to the PS4 hard drive and not a joey or hopper?
  4. Can i integrate my antenna like I do now with my 722 and see the OTA channels in the guide?
  5. Is the user interface similar to what we now have with the 722?
  6. I need to get a Hopper with sling if I want to use Dish Anywhere right?
Last time I talked to sales on the phone they were not very knowlegeable about the product.
Thanks for your help.

1. Yes
  2. Record any 5 shows (with a Super Joey) or any 4 shows + the Big 4 nets. Watch a pre-recorded show while recording the 5/8. Without a Super Joey the total is 3/6(any 3 or any 2 + Big 4).
  3. Download for free, $7/month to use. ALL recording is done on the Hopper.
  4. Yes, but only a single OTA tuner, not two as in a 722K. Add the OTA tuner to recording and the total possible goes to 6/9(Any 5 + OTA, or any 4 + OTA + Big 4).
  5. Not really, much more graphical, sometimes annoyingly so, but I would never go back. Most everything works very similarly.
  6. HWS is what you'll likely get in any event. H2K with sling adapter works as well. Don't accept a H2K if somehow they end up with nothing else on the truck(very unlikely).

Reactions: menelfloss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts