Recording Comcast programs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tenplay

Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
I presently have Comcast Extended Basic programming and also a DirecTV digital package. On Satuday I purchased a Samsung 61" HD TV with the intention of upgrading to DirecTV HD programming. After watching our new TV for the few days, I am leaning toward canceling DTV altogether and just staying with Comcast, which looks much better on the larger screen and also includes the main network stations in hd. My question is, if I give up DTV and the DVR receiver, what can I record the Comcast TV programs on? I have heard the name TIVO talked about. Is that the only/best option? If so, where do I order it from? Can I install it myself? Thanks for any advice. Mike

You could also buy a Panasonic DMR-EH75VS Progressive DVD/VCR combo recorder with 80GB hard drive and HDMI up-convert. This is an amazing unit, all in one compact box. YOu can record anything onto the hard drive, then dub it easily to DVD if you want to keep it. You can even record all the Comcast On Demand movies. It's a challenge to master this unit at first, because you can do so much with it, but once I got used to it, I would not want to do without it. You are right that Comcast has the best HD picture, except maybe for FIOS, which is not available in my area yet.

Comcast has DVR

True, and it is a challenge not to throw it as far as it will sail. It is frustrating for anyone who has owned a DISH or DTV DVR. However, it is HD and it is a DVR. After awhile you learn to accomodate, if not accept its many bugs.