Recording defaults to LD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ddelzel

Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Iowa
I recently replaced a LD tv with an HD tv in my garage. Everything works great except when I try to initiate a recording from the garage it says "this program will be recorded in LD" and I have no option to change to HD even though I am trying to record a HD channel. I have been unable to figure out how to change this setting. The HD reciever in my garage is a H24-100 and my DVR receiver is a HR24-100.

:welcome to Satelliteguys ddelzel!
I'm confused as to what the issue is then. Can you restate it and describe your setup?

i am just guessing here but, don't you have name some receiver? maybe he asking how to change the default name

Maybe he removed a TV labeled LD, put in an HD called LR and now when he goes to record something in HD, it sets it up on the old LD?

my head hurts from reading it

you can go online to your account and rename every receiver if you want

I think the OP was having trouble recording shows from one TV on the main DVR. Or something. Look, a squirrel...

I recently replaced a LD tv with an HD tv in my garage. Everything works great except when I try to initiate a recording from the garage it says "this program will be recorded in LD" and I have no option to change to HD even though I am trying to record a HD channel. I have been unable to figure out how to change this setting. The HD reciever in my garage is a H24-100 and my DVR receiver is a HR24-100.

The H24 is just a receiver and not a DVR it has no hard drive and can't record anything by itself. When you tell it to record something it will be recorded on your HR24 and you can watch it on either unit

The OP has DVR in living room. It is designated as LR. He also has a receiver (non- DVR_ in his garage. He recently replaced a Standard Def Tv with High Definition out in the garage.

When he tried to record a program out in the garage, the receiver was telling him that the program would record in LR (living room) he was thinking it meant Low Resolution.

He erroneously posted it as being recorded in LD which I believe meant low definition because he was seeing the "LR" for the destination of the recording.

I got confused typing this.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts