Recording Directv to a pc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gchasse

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
I am going to be buying a new pc soon. I would like to get a pc with a Blu Ray burner with the idea that I would record tv to my pc and burn the program to a Blu Ray. Mostly I am interested in live sporting events.

I have a Directv HD receiver and am trying to figure out if I can do this from Directv.

I have read information in several sites and it looks like it is either not easy or possible.

Can anyone provide information about 1 - is it possible to do this?, and 2 - if so, what hardware/software do I need to accomplish this?

Thanks

are anything I can do to move the data from my current DVR to my pc or other media for backup?

I have a newer D* DVR don't know the number its black with a irritating blue ring.

are anything I can do to move the data from my current DVR to my pc or other media for backup?

I have a newer D* DVR don't know the number its black with a irritating blue ring.
No. Not with the current series. Extraction ended with the best D* product ever made, the very hackable HR10-250 HDTivo (genuflect in remembrance please), but if it ever happens you will find it here: DirecTV HD DVR (HR-20) & Other DVRs - DealDatabase Forum - Deals, Freebies, and TiVo & DirecTivo Hacking

Vurbano,

Thank you for the update. That is not what I wanted to hear. I am a big sports fan, and when one of my teams plays in the championship, I want to record it in the best fashion I can.

I was hoping there was a way.

I've been trying one of these, had some success, but not a lot of time to play with the new toy. It captures anything from the component output in 1080i or 720p to an AVC HD file, which plays great in bluray players.

HD PVR Product overview

I've been trying one of these, had some success, but not a lot of time to play with the new toy. It captures anything from the component output in 1080i or 720p to an AVC HD file, which plays great in bluray players.

HD PVR Product overview
Through component cables is not going to be the best quality? And you have to tie up the HR20 "playing the file"? I guess you guys are right there are a couple of workarounds sort of. No real optimal ones. Not like there are with the HR10-250 where you can unscramble the encryption, network the machine and extract the programming in the playlist whenever you please.

Also you could use Blackmagic card [$199] in your PC.

Copy Protection For legal reasons, capture devices from Blackmagic Design are designed not to capture, convert or transmit video or audio from copy-protected sources, e.g. video devices using HDCP.

Sounds useless to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)