Strange LNB - Whats that?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tmbr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
Earth
Hi guys,

First of all, im a subscriber of one of the Directv subsidiaries (forgive my poor english). Recently they started to offer HDTV channels and i quickly jumped in. The decoder they offer is the HR22.

For the HDTV service they changed the LNB, because they were introducing a new technologie capable of using a single cable. I tought it was the Directv SWM but after install i dont think so.

Here's a picture of the LNB box. I searched TRIAX website but couldnt find any information, neither searching the web.

triax.jpg

The main difference i could find is the lack of a power inserter. It doesnt use any.

The main problem i'm facing is sound glitches when using digital audio output to my home theater. Sometimes it outputs a weird buggy sound, as if something was short-circuited. Really weird and worrisome. I'm trying to pin point the possible problem source, so any help is welcome.

Because of the cable leght (over 300 feet) they used an amplifier. But they used the same amplifier they use for the old LNB system. I'm no tech guy but that looks like a half-baked solution, because the amplifier have two inputs (H and V) and two outputs (H and V) and there's only one cable.

I suspect that they are stacking (offsetting one of the polarizations to a different frequency range) so that it can all be carried on a single cable. Is there any device connected at the receiver end of the cable? Possibly the HR22 can do this internally, some other models have that capability.

The main problem i'm facing is sound glitches when using digital audio output to my home theater. Sometimes it outputs a weird buggy sound, as if something was short-circuited. Really weird and worrisome. I'm trying to pin point the possible problem source, so any help is welcome....
You may be hearing what some are discribing as a brrrriiip sound. See this thread on DBSTalk for a discussion of this.
Brrrrriiiiip getting worse? - DBSTalk.Com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Recording Directv to a pc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)