Recording during free months

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Got 3 free months of all the movie channels if I record something can I still watch it after the 3 months is up and I don't have those channels any more ?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't see why not. I have free stuff in the past and it still plays on my external hard drive. I have even kept recorded pay per view movies and they stayed working for about a month or two before they finally expired.

Some hoppers are affected(not all), by the 013 error. Once you remove one of the premiums, when you go to watch things you recorded, you get 013. Sometimes they can submit a known issue report for you, but that doesn't always fix. This isn't as common of an issue but it is large enough to be noticeable as an issue. Just so you don't freak out if they don't work afterwards.

Reactions: Nominal
If you want to see the DVR act confused, set timers for some shows, i.e. Game of Thrones or some 'series' from the premium channels, and the DVR will continue to try and record them after the free period has expired (it will add/create 'entries' in your recordings folder and everything). I encountered this a while back before I realized what the problem was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts