Recording DVR Content to DVD Recorder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KA3QOT

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
I’m unable to record content from my model HR22 DVR. Here are the steps I’ve followed:

• Connected S-Video out from DVR to S-Video in on DVD Recorder.

• Connected composite cables out from DVD recorder to composite cables in TV.

• Begin playing content from DVR (just from RFD Network and the like – no premiums)

• Hit record on DVD recorder.

• After recording, when I press Play, I just see snow.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Is the DVR recorder set to record from the inputs you're using vs. a TV tuner (if it has one)?

Hi -

Just pulled from the S-Video out from DVR while playing content.

Is there a DVR setting I need to change?

No DVR settings to change, all outputs are active all the time from the HR22.

I have made recordings to my DVD recorder from my DVR. I go out from S-Video and Left/Right analog audio on DVR to the S-video in and left/right audio in on DVD recorder. Then I go HDMI from DVD recorder to TV. To verify, set your TV tuner to the input from your DVD Recorder and then start the DVR. If it is set up properly, you should still see whatever the DVR is playing as the signal is passed through the DVD recorder.

From your first post you need to add audio cables between the DVR and DVD Svideo is only video. You also need to look for a description like input 1 or input 2 on the DVD recorder.

I’m unable to record content from my model HR22 DVR. Here are the steps I’ve followed:

• Connected S-Video out from DVR to S-Video in on DVD Recorder.

• Connected composite cables out from DVD recorder to composite cables in TV.

• Begin playing content from DVR (just from RFD Network and the like – no premiums)

• Hit record on DVD recorder.

• After recording, when I press Play, I just see snow.

Any ideas?

Thanks
This just came up a few days ago on this same board!!! if it's PPV or even HBO, it's unlikely that you'll be able to record it. ( I know you said it's not) I know my LG will not. I have had success with my panasonic but haven't tried lately. I would suggest you use the composite cables ( R W Y) instead of S. Sometimes the S is disabled when other outputs are active. I know the composite work constantly as I send a composite signal from my HD DVR to the exercise room TV (it's SD)

One other thing RAD makes an excellent point, make positively sure you have the right input on the DVD recorder selected. It sounds like you may have the tuner selected to me. :cool:

I usually switch my TV input to the DVR so I can monitor what is being recorded to make sure I don't get a blank recording. All outputs (including S-video) are active simultaneously.

Your DVD-R is probably set to Channel 3 if you are getting snow. Change the input on your DVD-R and then you should be fine.

This just came up a few days ago on this same board!!! if it's PPV or even HBO, it's unlikely that you'll be able to record it. ( I know you said it's not) I know my LG will not. I have had success with my panasonic but haven't tried lately. I would suggest you use the composite cables ( R W Y) instead of S. Sometimes the S is disabled when other outputs are active. I know the composite work constantly as I send a composite signal from my HD DVR to the exercise room TV (it's SD)

One other thing RAD makes an excellent point, make positively sure you have the right input on the DVD recorder selected. It sounds like you may have the tuner selected to me. :cool:

I have no problem transcribing those channels to DVD. I have a Panasonic.

Thanks, guys.

You were right! I was pulling from the tuner and not the correct input. It works great now.

Thanks again, everyone!

Dennis KA3QOT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts