Recording from DVR to DVDR Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fightfan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
Parts unknown
I have hooked up my DVD recorder to my Directv DVR to copy some of the recorded programs (NFL Games) onto dvd. However, every time I press the record function on the DVDR I get light black horizontal lines across the entire screen. Not sure if it is a DVDR problem or what. It almost seems like a signal strength issue. Any ideas?

S video out of DVR into DVDR.

Also just tried to hook up from HD box to DVDR in a different room to record regular tv show and get the same horizontal lines.

You might have set you resolution to a lower setting. The DVR may only see 720 or 480 so you may have force the output to that lower setting.

You might have set you resolution to a lower setting. The DVR may only see 720 or 480 so you may have force the output to that lower setting.

S-Video out is already 480i; I doubt changing resolution would help. It sounds more like a problem with the DVD Recorder or the S-Video cable. Did you try hooking up the S-Video output to a TV with S-Video?

DVDDAD said:
S-Video out is already 480i; I doubt changing resolution would help. It sounds more like a problem with the DVD Recorder or the S-Video cable. Did you try hooking up the S-Video output to a TV with S-Video?

I was thinking it could be some form of copyright protection. Have you tested the DVD recorded with different source material?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My DVD-R will only record SD programs from my HDDVR. I don't think it can decipher the resolution when the program had been recorded in HD..(kind of along the lines of what the previous poster said about checking resolution) the HD content is not making it through the SVideo (which is not compatible with HD signals) Try to record a SD recording from your DVR. This was just my solution though...good luck

This looks like the analog copy protection system. What DVD recorder do you have?
Try doing a red button reset on your DVR, that sometimes solves this issue...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts