Recording issues, what happens when Hopper needs replaced

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joe Satellite Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Palisade, Colorado
I've had the same issue happen at least 3 times. When watching a recorded show, suddenly the "Live TV" and "pause" start flashing at the same time. I can't fast forward, rewind, or anything. Nothing I try fixes it at that time. I have learned that I can turn off the Hopper and then turn it back on and then watch the recording, although since the Hopper was turned off, I must start at the beginning of the program. Thank goodness for the super fast fwd. I'm thinking that either the Hopper or it's hard drive must have an issue, which means most likely the Hopper will need to be replaced.

Hence: anyone have any idea what will happen if the Hopper must be replaced? I'm guessing a complete reinstall: disconnect all Hoppers and Joeys and then start over with the Hopper. Am I missing anything?

The same thing happened to me while watching shameless last night. It only happened once but i had the exact same thing happen, Due to the speed of the Hopper i was able to get back right to where i left off but still very annoying and is something that should not be happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts