recording off HD radio?

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Heard an ad for HD radio claiming that you could push a button while listening to a song and "save" it.

Is this true? In mid song, I can press a button and the entire song will be stored in the radio for later playing? As an MP3? Downloadable to other media?

Anyone hear of this?

The other day I heard a commercial saying you could push a button and tag the current song for downloading into your iPod later. I don't think they meant downloading it from the radio, I think they meant that the radio would make a list of the songs you liked so you could buy them later, but I have no idea what model of radio they were talking about. That's probably what you heard.

On the other hand, some guy came up with a cable that lets you connect your computer to the controller port on a Visteon HD Zoom radio, so that you can record songs off the radio (via the analog output, not digitally) and have the computer automatically name them using the name data from the radio. But you certainly didn't hear them advertising that, because they don't make that radio anymore. (Some people have suggested that that's the reason why.)

Jim S.,
Where did you hear of this cable at? I have one of radios and would love to do just that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts