Recording one channel while watching another w/522

btb91

Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
I am new to this forum and to Dish. I just had a Dish system installed with a 522 receiver. I was under the impression that I could record one channel while watching another, and I can not seem to do that. Everytime I record a channel and then try to switch to another cahnnel to watch, the receiver gives me a message that says I must stop the recording and go to live tv mode. Am I doing something wrong or is this the way this receiver behaves. I am a former Directv customer that used a Hughes Tivo system that would allow me to do both at the same time. I am using a 301 system hooked into the 522 in a different room.

thanks for any help
btb

The Hughes had two tuners pumped into one tv output, where the 522 is one tuner per tv. I was also a former DTV and am now with Dish. I got a 811 and a 522. With using the 811 and the DVI cable I have a beautiful picture, even on the 522 w/s-video it is a better picture than w/DTV. Hope this helps.
btb91 said:
I am new to this forum and to Dish. I just had a Dish system installed with a 522 receiver. I was under the impression that I could record one channel while watching another, and I can not seem to do that. Everytime I record a channel and then try to switch to another cahnnel to watch, the receiver gives me a message that says I must stop the recording and go to live tv mode. Am I doing something wrong or is this the way this receiver behaves. I am a former Directv customer that used a Hughes Tivo system that would allow me to do both at the same time. I am using a 301 system hooked into the 522 in a different room.

thanks for any help
btb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)