Recording Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

scots

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2006
Raleigh, NC
OK...I don't think I've seen something like this asked on here before...

My local CBS affiliate (WRAL, channel 5) and local NBC affiliate (WNCN, channel 17) are swapping their network affiliations this month on February 29. So, starting on the 29th WRAL will be NBC and WNCN will be CBS. I have one show on NBC that I record every week. Is my HR34 smart enough to know to start recording it on WRAL channel 5 on its own, or will I need to reschedule the recording of that show?

OK...I don't think I've seen something like this asked on here before...

My local CBS affiliate (WRAL, channel 5) and local NBC affiliate (WNCN, channel 17) are swapping their network affiliations this month on February 29. So, starting on the 29th WRAL will be NBC and WNCN will be CBS. I have one show on NBC that I record every week. Is my HR34 smart enough to know to start recording it on WRAL channel 5 on its own, or will I need to reschedule the recording of that show?
Normally the show would follow to whatever station it is scheduled to be on.
I would keep an eye on it, but I think you'll be ok.

Reactions: scots
It probably won't, actually. Like when they move Around the Horn from ESPN to ESPN2, it never finds it. It's not that it's not in the guide - it is there, but it only finds it on the channel you've set it on, except the season pass thing. I did the season pass to record Around the Horn and it finds it on both channels BUT records it twice most days because of the repeats.

There were times that I had things set to record on WRAL, but the HR34 I had in NC wouldn't figure it out if WRAL didn't air the scheduled program but WFMY Greensboro did.

It probably won't, actually. Like when they move Around the Horn from ESPN to ESPN2, it never finds it. It's not that it's not in the guide - it is there, but it only finds it on the channel you've set it on, except the season pass thing. I did the season pass to record Around the Horn and it finds it on both channels BUT records it twice most days because of the repeats.
ATH is different .... it doesn't have Original Air Date I don't believe.
These shows do.

OK...so to be on the safe side I guess I'll setup a new schedule on WRAL after the 29th.

Another example: Under the Dome, CBS. This season, the local CBS WBZ 4 aired Patriots preseason games when Under The Dome was supposed to be on. They aired the CBS shows on WSBK My38. My HR44 did not find Under the Dome on WSBK, so I had to manually record it. I then changed it to season's pass style recording, and it did find it the next time. They have the air date info.

I would re do the series, because you never know if they will move to the proper channel when they switch. Because it is up to the company that creates the guide, to make sure the correct data is there.

I would re do the series, because you never know if they will move to the proper channel when they switch. Because it is up to the company that creates the guide, to make sure the correct data is there.
Good point, if the info is changed correct and on time in the guide (which is not run by D*) it probably will be ok, but why chance it, seeing you know ahead of time that it's happening.

We have seen the queue get screwed up before from changes like this. Especially on U-Verse.

Plus you end up finding programs in there that are no longer being broadcast.

As others have said, to be safe, I would cancel the present setting at the appropriate time and then reset to the new channel. You just can't predict what will happen if you leave as is.

Scots,
Be sure to let us know how it works out ... as we've seen it work both ways.

Just because we don't know for sure, personally, just to test it, I would set the new one and leave the old one and see if they both Record.

We had the same thing happen about 7-8 years aho, but I have no idea anymore how it exactly worked out.
I know when a show changes time slots it's usually ok.

Reactions: scots
It didn't automatically update. It still wanted to record the NBC shows on channel 17 WNCN - so I had to delete and add back on 5 WRAL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)