Recording Series on Hopper 3

Does not work. Putting in James Bond and selecting 0 view all results for "James Bond" then hitting skip back does nothing on my H3

Dish needs to bring back Seek and Record quickly please! 90% of my timers are set this way because I do not want to wait till new things are in the guide.

Don't hit skip back, arrow up and select the Summary tab. You will then see the option to record when available.

Reactions: bmetelsky
Don't hit skip back, arrow up and select the Summary tab. You will then see the option to record when available.
Isn't skip back (or forward) just moving between tabs? I've gone to summary tab and do not have any recording options. My guide is not fully populated, maybe there's a tie in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Isn't skip back (or forward) just moving between tabs? I've gone to summary tab and do not have any recording options. My guide is not fully populated, maybe there's a tie in.

Oh shoot, it may be. I keep thinking of the Back button when you guys have been saying Skip Back. I may be the one at fault here.

I did three different searches yesterday for shows that are not currently airing and I was able to set timers for all three. Not sure why mine does and others do not though.

Oh shoot, it may be. I keep thinking of the Back button when you guys have been saying Skip Back. I may be the one at fault here.

I did three different searches yesterday for shows that are not currently airing and I was able to set timers for all three. Not sure why mine does and others do not though.
I've been able to set some, unable on others.

I agree 100%. This is a huge missing feature to me. I'm not sure if it's just a bug or intentional that it was left out, but I hope it gets resolved soon.

I too agree that this is a huge omission. I just upgraded from a VIP 722 to the Hopper3. The VIP series of receivers had "Dish Pass" option which essentially let you set up a generic timer that would record anything with the word in the title that you searched for. In my case, I set up a Dish Pass for NASCAR. So any show, movie, etc that had the word NASCAR in the title, it would record that. This is critical for this type of programming as the qualifying and practice and actual race are on many different channels through out the year. This is a huge omission.

I just got of the 'chat' and was talking to advanced support and got the same response. The hopper3 does not do this function, but it has 16 tuners. I realize it has 16 tuners, but that does not solve the above issue. The chat person said they would forward my feature request on to someone.

Not happy

I too agree that this is a huge omission. I just upgraded from a VIP 722 to the Hopper3. The VIP series of receivers had "Dish Pass" option which essentially let you set up a generic timer that would record anything with the word in the title that you searched for. In my case, I set up a Dish Pass for NASCAR. So any show, movie, etc that had the word NASCAR in the title, it would record that. This is critical for this type of programming as the qualifying and practice and actual race are on many different channels through out the year. This is a huge omission.

I just got of the 'chat' and was talking to advanced support and got the same response. The hopper3 does not do this function, but it has 16 tuners. I realize it has 16 tuners, but that does not solve the above issue. The chat person said they would forward my feature request on to someone.

Not happy

I absolutely agree! It's not just setting show timers, but the keyword search being gone is a real pain. I used keywords on a lot of different things. Like my favorite sports teams. That way any game or special about them was always recorded even old reruns of games. Maybe if we blow up dish on twitter we could get them working on a fix lol.

Reactions: joegr
I think the solution is to put a post-it note on your remote that reminds you to check (search) over and over until the episode(s) do begin to appear in the guide. :eek:

I want to set a timer for Hell on Wheels, which I've never watched on Dish before. I've watched all of the episodes on Netflix (which leads me to a different, but related thought*). Currently, AMC has nothing for Hell on Wheels, including re-runs, so there appears to be no way at all to set even the old-style "seek and record" timer.

* How about even more integration with Netflix and the Hopper/Carbon UI ? When I search for Hell on Wheels and have Netflix included, it lists the episodes. It retains the column headings for "Watched" though and all of the entries in the list could show as being watched if Dish hooked into Netflix's system just a bit more. No big deal though, just something that stood out to me...

Try setting timers for upcoming F1 races... (more futility)

Search for "hell on wheels"

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I see all 4 tabs, including "episodes" and "summary" but everything listed is Netflix only - in Summary the option to "record" is also Netflix which I'm guessing won't work... all good to know. Thanks!

I see all 4 tabs, including "episodes" and "summary" but everything listed is Netflix only - in Summary the option to "record" is also Netflix which I'm guessing won't work... all good to know. Thanks!
I do not get any tabs at the top when I search... They just need to bring back a simple way to seek and record.

Well that's not what I was expecting either. Need something that isn't on Netflix maybe....

I may have seen this different behavior with an earlier version of the software.

Here's an interesting one: search for "whale wars" and on the summary tab, there's a "Don't Record" button! Uhhh, okay, if you insist!

Well that's not what I was expecting either. Need something that isn't on Netflix maybe....

I may have seen this different behavior with an earlier version of the software.

Here's an interesting one: search for "whale wars" and on the summary tab, there's a "Don't Record" button! Uhhh, okay, if you insist!
I search for Whale Wars and have the Summary option to Record When Available. I can search for something that already has a timer, and my choice is to Don't Record.

Are you sure you don't have a Whale Wars timer already in existence?

Uh -Oh,,,,, Whale Wars gives me "Record When Available." I've only seen "Don't Record" when I go back on a program that I have already set for "record"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)