Recording Series on Hopper 3

I see all 4 tabs, including "episodes" and "summary" but everything listed is Netflix only - in Summary the option to "record" is also Netflix which I'm guessing won't work... all good to know. Thanks!
I forgot to mention that u have to select one of the search options to see the "Summary" button

If you select 0 (zero) show all you get no tabs what so ever.
I agree that we really need the old "Seek" timers again.... when you select 0 (or any other number listed) you are supposed to get a screen with more options. You have to select one of those option, then you see the tabs, but if "O" gets you nothing but a blank screen, then I guess you're done - there's no where to go, as far as I can tell. Sorry about that - I wish there were a better answer. Let's hope Dish is listening.

Does not work. Putting in James Bond and selecting 0 view all results for "James Bond" then hitting skip back does nothing on my H3

Dish needs to bring back Seek and Record quickly please! 90% of my timers are set this way because I do not want to wait till new things are in the guide.

When you search James Bond - do you see a selection under movies that says 'James bond movies'. So instead of hitting '0' go to this collection and all the movies are there. If not on dish, you will see the record when available shelf below

Reactions: xfoneguy
So Bates Motel is supposed to start March 7th on A&E also - why the heck doesn't it show up on Dish I wonder?

I see that - cannot record because all options say watch on Netflix. Thanks for pointing this - will have it fixed in a future release

Reactions: ralfyguy
I absolutely agree! It's not just setting show timers, but the keyword search being gone is a real pain. I used keywords on a lot of different things. Like my favorite sports teams. That way any game or special about them was always recorded even old reruns of games. Maybe if we blow up dish on twitter we could get them working on a fix lol.

You can setup timers for teams. Search for your fav sport team or college and you will see the option. For e.g. I can record all bronco's games no matter the channel - and it will not record non-sporting events with keyword Broncos

You can setup timers for teams. Search for your fav sport team or college and you will see the option. For e.g. I can record all bronco's games no matter the channel - and it will not record non-sporting events with keyword Broncos
Now that's cool - thanks for that.

Try the seek procedure with Bates Motel. All you get is Netflix. And the new season starts March 7th.
I don't understand why there is no "record when available" - like the James Bond movies, for instance. I even tried DA to see if I could find anything different. No dice....one crazy "work-around" would be ti find out what is in A&E's timeslot right before Bates, and if search found that we could set a timer and "pad" it with an extra 60 or 90 mins on the end. Or we'll wait ................

Dish's guide data only goes (9) days in advance. That is still 20+ days away.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
I understand the 9-day thing - I think that's been true for at least a while now(?) - maybe all the way back to the beginning of time, LOL but I guess I still don't understand how data is stored by Dish: this particular program was on previously? So how can there be no info in the Dish database (or however they store this info). I've found a number of programs that have no episodes scheduled at all, yet they allow a "seek" timer to be added. This might not be a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but I just like understanding how all this works. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Not sure how I missed this, but someone just told me how to create a manual timer - you can enter channel, date, frequency, etc - still not as handy as "seek" but this sounds like the answer to many problems anyway. From DVR window, go to the top then tab across to TIMERS, then push the "red button" and select "Create a Timer" (RB on the old remote - "options" on the 52.0) So, for instance, this could be used for "Bates Motel" as has been discussed, since we know the time, channel, etc for it. Probably old news but I missed it.

Last edited:
Very cool! Had no idea. Also a quick way to get your favorite teams schedule and results! Works for college teams as well!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: xfoneguy
Very cool! Had no idea. Also a quick way to get your favorite teams schedule and results! Works for college teams as well!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I had no idea either - I'm thrilled - I found this on another Dish board. This will really help make recording a little easier for me.

Reactions: cummingsje
I did find that and already have a timer set up. I'm reserving judgement until I see how it actually works however. I liked the old seek timers because they would also record specials and features. If this records games only to me it's a step back.

When you search James Bond - do you see a selection under movies that says 'James bond movies'. So instead of hitting '0' go to this collection and all the movies are there. If not on dish, you will see the record when available shelf below
The missing ingredient here is the ability to set one timer to record all things with "James Bond" in either the title or info. This record when available only gives the option for individual movies, not all upcoming items.

So far have tried this 4 times, first time nothing shows below, the next 2 times it shows the collection of "other stuff" and i have an option to record when avail but i have to pick one of the two movies it shows which gives me a "record when available" option but its only for that specific movie not all based on James Bond. I wish there was an official method for us to all report these issues and missing features (i call this a missing feature because HWS had this capability i would EXPECT dish to expand on it not take it away) so there could be a master list of issues and we could chime in on each defect rather then rehashing them over and over here on the forums which i am sure DIRT is reading and reporting back but not sure its getting the visibility it should.

Reactions: jasonh1965

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts