Recordings start late

Mike88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
This just happened again, two more recordings started 2 minutes later than scheduled. It has happened 10 times within the last 4 months with my 722k DVR

For example I schedule to record from 8:59 pm to 10:03 pm, but I miss the beginning of the program when playing back. If I click the remote’s DVR button 3 times and scroll back in the Daily Schedule and then select the previously recorded program & hit the Info button I get a display which shows:
Start Time: 8:59 pm
AV Recorded: 9:01 pm
Stop Time: 10:03 pm
AV Stopped: 10:03 pm

On a properly recorded program the Start Time and AV Recorded time are identical. But on a clipped recording something is changing the AV Recorded by 2 minutes which cuts off the beginning of the program. I’m presuming the “AV” stands for Audio Video.

This has happened with both OTA and satellite tuners, and with the timer set to record either just once or all new episodes.

I’ve contacted several people at Dish but no one has ever come across this problem.

Has anyone here ever experienced this?

Similar things were happening to me when I was getting a lot of the "Partial Signal Loss" screen on my 722k. A new LNB 2 weeks ago, and I've had no problems.

I noticed 3-5 half-hour episodes of various shows all with random times, like 0:26 minutes, in the past couple of days. My first thought was someone just manually recorded shows shortly after they started. I want to say they were all on History channel too, if that makes a difference.

I just had another program from last Sunday with the beginning cut off.
The "Start Time" is correct but that "AV Recorded" time was changed to start 2 minutes later.

Have seen this happening quite frequently lately. Maybe since the last software upgrade.. Not caused by back to back recordings.. Dish should look into this.. I have no clue what is causing it..

We used to have Logitech Revue hooked up to our 722k via HDMI and it caused the same problem (except there were also chunks in the middle of the show that were not recorded). If you continue banging your head against the wall without solution, try disconnecting the HDMI connection and use another method temporarily just to see if that remedies the problem. If it does, you've got HDMI communication problems with your receiver and TV (or whatever the next component is in your signal stream).

When we took out our Revue, everything worked fine again.

YAY Content Rights Management!

We used to have Logitech Revue hooked up to our 722k via HDMI and it caused the same problem (except there were also chunks in the middle of the show that were not recorded). If you continue banging your head against the wall without solution, try disconnecting the HDMI connection and use another method temporarily just to see if that remedies the problem. If it does, you've got HDMI communication problems with your receiver and TV (or whatever the next component is in your signal stream).

When we took out our Revue, everything worked fine again.

YAY Content Rights Management!

Take a look at my original message. Something changes the "AV Recorded" time to start 2 minutes later. On normal good recordings the "AV Recorded" time is the same as the "Start Time". I don't see how a connection on the output side of the DVR could affect this.