Recordings Switching Channels And Corrupting On Hopper?

sparc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Anyone else still getting this? Halfway through a recording, it sometimes switches channels to one of the other tuners i'm viewing.

I recorded Fargo last night and half way through the recording it switches over to Discovery channel and corrupts the recording. I think this happened when I changed channels on a free tuner.

Happened a few times before, but I finally got irritated enough to post here.

mine is very different. The actual Fargo recording itself is switching to another channel. The hour and 20 minute recording is something like 25 minutes of Fargo, it shows 1 minute of Deadliest Catch, then it freezes/corrupts.

For your issue, it sounds like the timer is taking over your live tuner when there is a free one available, but your recording is intact. My issue is actually damaging the recording itself.

DIRT team did contact me and I provided them info.

I had something similar happen twice on my HWS with earlier software updates but I haven't experienced it since S342. I'm not sure if it corrupted the recording because once I played it back and saw the mess I deleted it since it wasn't worth keeping. One example is when I was using one tuner to record a season one marathon of Vikings on History while another tuner was watching Goosebumps on the Hub Network. While switching channels to History from Hub, I noticed Vikings was nowhere to be found and instead that channel also had the episode of Goosebumps. The recording saved as Vikings but ended up being about 45 minutes of the episode with Goosebumps tacked on the end. Needless to say, I deleted my series timer for Vikings, recreated it, and was thankful my other HWS was also recording the marathon as a backup. I'd noticed this strange channel glitch a few other times involving Cartoon Network 176 showing what was on Syfy 122 but I wasn't aware that it could actually record incorrectly until the History/Hub recording resulted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)