Recovering Deleted Pictures From a Memory Card

abisdabis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Western PA
If all of the pictures have been deleted from a memory card is it possible to recover them? All pictures have been deleted and nothing has happened to the card since. The card is a Sandisk 512MB.

Yes you can do it with the proper software. Just serach for data recovery software. I have never used any, but I know it can be done.

There are numerous tools you can use. One time my gf's memory card got corrupted and the only way to "fix" it was to format it. I used some software and salvaged many of the photos off of it. Most of them require you to pay for them, but I found that many of them are general file recovery programs, so you're not just buying something for memory cards, but for all storage in general. That might make the cost of the software a bit easier to swallow.

Done it for a customer, 100% since she hadn't written anything to it. I used a program from Ontrack.

I'm curious as to your results, so please let us know if this works out for you.

Took the easy way out and took the card to Ritz. For $39.95 they recovered the files and put them on a CD. I could have done it with a card reader and some software but opted to take the easy way out. I am gald to know that it can be done either way. Thank you for all of your responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts