Recovery Kit Box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdtvgator

Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
What is the general time frame for reciept of Recovery Kit boxes from DirecTv? I deactivated two HR20s last Friday and have yet to receive the prepaid FedEx shipping boxes. Is there a way to check the web site to verify that the recovery boxes were ordered and sent. I don't want to be charged for not returning the two deactivated DVRs.

normally it takes 4 business days. If you ordered Friday I would say if you dont get the boxes by tomorrow call back. I had the same issue and had to call back. Usually the computer does the order but mine didnt go through so they created a new order and noted the account.

Is there a way to check the web site to verify that the recovery boxes were ordered and sent. I don't want to be charged for not returning the two deactivated DVRs.

Yes. You can log into your account on DirecTV.com and check under "Pending Orders." If a box is coming, it will show up there, along with a tracking number once it actually goes out. In my experience, it shows up there *immediately* (ie: by the time you get off the phone). If it's not shown there, you'll probably want to call back to inquire.

Yes, it is common for the boxes to not get send right away, I had the same issue, called back in and they sent it right out.

Btw, once you have the box, you have 7 days to return the equipment.

In my experience, it seems to be common that the box won't be sent until you call a second time. Not sure why that is -- out of the perhaps 5 receivers I've returned over the years, I think I got a box ONCE on the first try.

In my experience, it takes 3 to 4 weeks for the kit to arrive. In fact I received a kit yesterday for a receiver that I deactivated on May 24. You will know when they send the recovery kit because it will appear on your order list.

And once you get those boxes, make sure you keep the tracking number. I wound up with a $250 charge for a box that wasn't checked into the system.

From the thread at dbstalk, some of the recovery boxes are sent from USPS, but then through Fedex, meaning you can't use the USPS Delivery Confirmation service. In this case, you might be better off paying to mail it yourself and pay for the tracking, too.

From the thread at dbstalk, some of the recovery boxes are sent from USPS, but then through Fedex, meaning you can't use the USPS Delivery Confirmation service. In this case, you might be better off paying to mail it yourself and pay for the tracking, too.

The FedEx ones have free shipping on them, provided you use the label they give you.
I've never sent one USPS.

They recently switched to a smartpost system where the customer gives the box to the post office / mail person, and the mail system gives it to a centeral fedex location. Supposably it is cheaper. There is still fedex tracking, but no tracking from the point of USPS to Fedex. It also takes a lot longer. One person reported 8 days to go 10 miles.

The post office is not very friendly about giving a receipt or anything. When I sent one they wanted $1.35 for 'proof of mailing'.

They recently switched to a smartpost system where the customer gives the box to the post office / mail person, and the mail system gives it to a centeral fedex location. Supposably it is cheaper. There is still fedex tracking, but no tracking from the point of USPS to Fedex. It also takes a lot longer. One person reported 8 days to go 10 miles.

The post office is not very friendly about giving a receipt or anything. When I sent one they wanted $1.35 for 'proof of mailing'.

I just packaged one up last week (came in a FED EX box) ...
Drove down the road and dropped it off at the local Fed Ex store and he sent it out, no problem.

I wonder if it is designed to be able to go either place? The paperwork with mine specifically said give to post office.

No, directv box, USPS type label with several extra barcodes (fedex stuff). Top right corner had the usual no postage necessary if mailed in US and business reply mail or something like that.

No, directv box, USPS type label with several extra barcodes (fedex stuff). Top right corner had the usual no postage necessary if mailed in US and business reply mail or something like that.

Thats interesting, I wonder how they determine what box (service) they send to who, I've Always had Fed Ex.

if you go to your account on the internet....click on pending orders and view all orders and it will tell you if the recovery box has been shippped....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts