Red Sox not in HD???

What possible reason could Dish have for not showing tonight's Red Sox game in HD? :confused:

Eric

I called dish and according to them we shouldn't even get the sd feed. I think the quote was "You live in Vermont and the Red Sox should be blacked out in your area"

I called them and I was in quite a raw mood. The dummy who answered kept saying well it's blacked out or restricted but could not explain why to me (I'm in SE New Hampshire, right next to Vermont (LOL)). Just there typical programmed answer "sir, I appologize for your trouble". This is just about my last go round with this company. The fact that they turn the HD feed off not more than 10 min after the games "that they show" are over is even more aggravating. I set my 622 to record by there HD broadcast schedule and they flip the HD feed off 2 hours before it's supposed to be over. Now I don't even have the opportunity to switch to the SD feed and watch post game or anythingelse NESN has on. I feel we're really getting rooked. Good luck to you all I think I'm finally fed up.

They CHAT guy blames NESN - see below. I'd like to hear NESN's response:

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (04EP) Edgar M.
(04EP) Edgar M: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
eric goodman: Curious as to why DISH did not show tonight's RedSox game in HD (NESN). Since making NESN HD available they have shown every game in HD.
(04EP) Edgar M: I am very sorry to hear that. I would be happy to assist you.
(04EP) Edgar M: Please give me 2-3 minutes to research this.
(04EP) Edgar M: Okay the game is only provided in hd if the game is broadcast in hd, if its not then it will only be broadcast as standard definition, We only broadcast what the network is sending to us.
(04EP) Edgar M: I do apologize.
(04EP) Edgar M: Is there anything else I can do for you?
eric goodman: The game is actually being broadcast in HD. DirecTV and the local cable providers are showing it in HD right now.
(04EP) Edgar M: Okay so what happens when you go to that channel?
(04EP) Edgar M: If it gives you a black screen or our logo that means that the game is not being broadcast in hd.
eric goodman: I get the LOGO. If you go to the NESN website you see that it is listed as HD - everygame on NESN is broadcast in HD. I can only get the SD feed.
(04EP) Edgar M: Please give me 2-3 minutes to research this.
eric goodman: NESN Broadcasters - Boston.com
eric goodman: This is the link to the NESN schedule for today.
(04EP) Edgar M: Okay I do apologize I do not why its not being provided to us in hd.
(04EP) Edgar M: But at this time its not offered in hd.
eric goodman: Is it that it is not be offered to DISH or that DISH has not made it available. As you may know NESN is a 24/7 HD channel but DISH only turns it on for the games.
(04EP) Edgar M: I understand your frustration but we will not be able to get it in hd.
(04EP) Edgar M: The channel is activated we the games are being broadcast to us in hd.
eric goodman: So the problem is on NESN's end?
(04EP) Edgar M: Correct
eric goodman: OK thanks.

So with this "games only" feed we have to count on some idiot to flip a switch? I don't think this is the only time we're gonna have problems.

I'm in the Chicago area. The Cubs game tonight is being broadcast in HD. However, Dish is not showing it in HD. The game is on ALT channel 447. There is an empty HD ALT channel (446) that Dish could use to show tonights Cubs game in HD.

I'm in the Chicago area. The Cubs game tonight is being broadcast in HD. However, Dish is not showing it in HD. The game is on ALT channel 447. There is an empty HD ALT channel (446) that Dish could use to show tonights Cubs game in HD.

Hdsportsguide.com doesn't list tonight's game as HD. Are you sure it was?

My father who was born in Fall Fiver Mass, lives here in phx now keeps rubbing it in that he can watch the red sox's in hd on "D" He tells me I should really switch!!! The only reason I went with "E" last year is because I got everything for free, plus all the promo's!! I cant wait till my 18months is over. Plus we just bought a new house will be ready in 3 months or so. I might just make the switch then to make it eaiser!!!

Yes. There was text scrolling across the bottom of the screen earlier in the game with the HD channel # on Comcast cable.

dang...I just caught the game in the 15th I thought it was blacked out for me since I couldn't find it on the guide. Next time I can't find a cubs game scheduled is ALT 447 usually it's designated location? thanks.

dang...I just caught the game in the 15th I thought it was blacked out for me since I couldn't find it on the guide. Next time I can't find a cubs game scheduled is ALT 447 usually it's designated location? thanks.

It could very well have been blacked out for you. I have no way to tell since I have no idea where you live. But anyway, E* uses a 3 hour window for most of the baseball games on the RSN's. When the game goes past that time frame it becomes viewable to anyone who subs to the sports pack. Something to keep in mind if there is a game you want to watch and it's running long due to weather delays, extra innings, or just plain baseball "slowness". This is on the SD channel, though. The HD channel uses a much longer window. Somthing like 5-6 hours or more.

E excuses for NESN

E is still putting the blame on NESN 1 PM 4/10/2008. They were showing the Bruins game on the HD channel tonight. While the Bruins are in the playoffs they will get the HD if their game conflicts with the REDSOX game. I am tired of E customer service and after 3 years I am going back to Direct TV in June.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)