Red Sox Pregame Show "Unavailalbe....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

amp16751

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
Two days in a row I have received a message on NESN 623 stating that the broadcast of the Red Sox pregame show was unavailable in my area even though I subscribe to the Sports Pack and MLB Extra Innings. I called D* both days and was told they were having a problem. Yesterday they said it would be fixed shortly while today they said it wouldn't be corrected until tomorrow. Once the Red Sox, A's game started on both days, the feed seems to be fine. This is starting to be very annoying. Anyone else having this same issue?

No issues here... but NESN is one of my local RSNs so this probably doesn't help you at all. Sorry.

Post Game as well.

I have had the same issue for the last 2 days and now tonights post game show is not showing either. What is up with that?

I think directv has been doing something funny with some of the rsns, perhaps in preperation of the tuesday launch of nesn hd and partime yes hd etc.....a few days ago yes disappeared completely from the program guide

According to their latest beef, they are "worried" pre and post games shows are showing too many out of market highlight packages that that may not have rights too, so throw the baby out with the bath water, block everything but the game itself.

The point being it is a MLB issue not your DBS provider, they only do what they are told, required to do by law and/or by contract. They are just the retransmission, not the originator nor the rules maker.

Thank You Charper1

Thanks charper1, finally somebody who understands that DTV is only a re-broadcaster of the programming not the originator and they do not make the rules of blackouts or broadcasting restrictions. Maybe someday people will understand.

I haven't watch a MLB game since they (being MLB) started blacking out the Phillies to all of PA. Sure sounds like MLB is trying to push folks to subscribe to MLB.TV. Screw 'em! Baseball sounds better on my XM anyways.

Trainnut said:
I haven't watch a MLB game since they (being MLB) started blacking out the Phillies to all of PA. Sure sounds like MLB is trying to push folks to subscribe to MLB.TV. Screw 'em! Baseball sounds better on my XM anyways.
Actually they are trying to get you to GO TO the game .... thats what I figure, but just because your in thier supposed area doesn't mean you can drive to every game.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)