Red Wings game on 95 in guide but not

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nhl66pens

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
What's up with DirecTV and the NHL Playoffs? The game tonite is supposed to be on ch 95 but there's just the logo screen and the music. What good is having HD if they're not going to show the damn game?

Rob

i was wondering if anybody else was having a problem. the game is on vs sd. maybe, a problem with the hd feed? just guessing!!

It's a problem with VsGolf HD channel (which they would get their feed from). VsGolf is showing.....Golf right now. What a bunch of putz's.

This is an issue on cable as well.

All that time for a total of 5 goals? do they sleep half the game?, it takes seconds for a puck to enter a goal, that means roughly 99% of the game is passing, fighting, and taking breaks, I just don't get the attraction to Hockey.

All that time for a total of 5 goals? do they sleep half the game?, it takes seconds for a puck to enter a goal, that means roughly 99% of the game is passing, fighting, and taking breaks, I just don't get the attraction to Hockey.

It is the FASTEST game on ice !!!
An awesome game when played correctly.
You go out on the ice for :45 sec to a few minutes at a time.
EVERYONE plays in the game (except the backup goalie).
The intenity and speed of the game ...

btw, this isn't basketball where you run up and down the court and score every time down.......

To look at your discription, baseball would be the slowest one around, Do you watch that ?

Also, most playoff games are 2-1, 3-2, 1-0 with the importance of goals in this game, most are low scoring
I have been fortunate enough to see many games and Playoffs as well.
One of the very best games I ever saw was two very good teams, playing at a very high intensity, game ended 1-0 , very good exciting game action at both ends constantly.
Just because it's low scoreing doesn't mean it's a dull and boring game.

Jimbo

Go Wings !

It is the FASTEST game on ice !!!
An awesome game when played correctly.
You go out on the ice for :45 sec to a few minutes at a time.
EVERYONE plays in the game (except the backup goalie).
The intenity and speed of the game ...

btw, this isn't basketball where you run up and down the court and score every time down.......

To look at your discription, baseball would be the slowest one around, Do you watch that ?

Jimbo

You're right, basketball is just as bad, if not worse, actually, other than fitness and the teaching of teamwork, I see no other point to sports, schools reward students who fail academically, then put them in high paying sports 'careers' (ha) which contribute nothing to society when compared to the damage they cause, and money they suck out of fans, just that this topic was about the NHL, but yea, they are all pretty much a waste of time and lives.

You're right, basketball is just as bad, if not worse, actually, other than fitness and the teaching of teamwork, I see no other point to sports, schools reward students who fail academically, then put them in high paying sports 'careers' (ha) which contribute nothing to society when compared to the damage they cause, and money they suck out of fans, just that this topic was about the NHL, but yea, they are all pretty much a waste of time and lives.

Well thats one persons opinion .....
Many use sports as a release from all the other stuff happening in thier lives.

Jimbo

Well thats one persons opinion .....
Many use sports as a release from all the other stuff happening in thier lives.

Jimbo

Hey, you asked. By the way, I have never, ever seen any sports fan EVER get MORE relaxed DURING any game from any sport, they all yell, and scream at the TV, throw sh*t at it, turn red, cuss out people, beat up people for dumping on their team, rip apart stadiums, etc, I do not see the relaxation. ;)

Last edited:
The relaxation comes after the game I believe when they either don't have the energy or are too shitfaced to wig out anymore. I am usually very calm after a "on the edge of your seats" game.

Which is why non-hockey fans don't get the game.
You have to take the time to understand the game to enjoy it. Your statement says it all. No clue about it so you make false statements..

If you think they do nothing but sit and waste time you should read a book...LOL.

Comcast in the Chicago area had the VS-HD feed on the INHD channel 174 last night. VS/Golf-HD, channel 199, had some golf match on being broadcast in 4:3 SD.

Which is why non-hockey fans don't get the game.
You have to take the time to understand the game to enjoy it. Your statement says it all. No clue about it so you make false statements..

If you think they do nothing but sit and waste time you should read a book...LOL.

Very true. LOL.

It was a great game. Of course I'm a Wings fan. :)

I enjoy seeing a great save from the goalie or power play setup almost more then seeing a goal.

My wife is a bigger hockey fan then I am. It's funny when people are over at our house to watch a game. Ref blows the whistle and my wife will immediately say "tripping"..."holding"..."slashing"...etc. The look on their face when she's right 95% of the time is priceless. Of course I'm like that with football. I see a yellow flag fly and I can tell you what the penalty will be most of the time.

And nothing beats having a 1 goal lead (or being down a goal) with 1 minute left and the goalie pulled. Edge of your seat to be sure.

And people that think hockey is all fights hasn't seen the "new" NHL. Aren't hardly any fights anymore unfortunely. :(

But to each his own. Not everyone is into sports or the same sports. I'd rather watch golf or bowling then baseball but I know people that think baseball is god's gift to sports. Whatever, have fun watching your sport or watching a movie instead.

Anyway, back to topic. Complaining about Versus/Golf showing Gold instead of playoff hockey!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)