Red Wings sign Marian Hossa... I think

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It seems like Hockey players will take less to move over to a winning team like the wings!!!

With the salary cap, all the teams play by the same rules, its how you manage the cap and the wings seem to have invested more into scouting and such

Go Wings!!!

I just noticed the Wings also sign the Penguins backup goaltender Ty Conklin to one-year deal. I take back what I said last month about Pittsburgh being my Eastern Conference pick for next years Stanley Cup Finals.

Redwings were actually well below the salary cap, so they have every right to spend the money. Its not their fault they are good and players who want a Cup are willing to go there for less.

And I am not a Red Wings fan.. I am a Wild Fan, who was suprised to find out that the Wild payroll exceeded the Red Wings last season (and i feel the Wild dont spend enough money...lol)

sabres he did sign, looking at espn for signinggs wtf

go here to tsn for upto minute signings
2008 UFA Signings Tracker

Redwings were actually well below the salary cap, so they have every right to spend the money. Its not their fault they are good and players who want a Cup are willing to go there for less.

And I am not a Red Wings fan.. I am a Wild Fan, who was suprised to find out that the Wild payroll exceeded the Red Wings last season (and i feel the Wild dont spend enough money...lol)

Speaking of the Wild,

sorry about the loss of Rolston.

At least you still have Gaborik and PM Bouchard.

They let Rolston go, they could of signed him, but he wanted to test the market, and in a weak year, who can blame him, he got a nice deal, but i am glad they wild didnt overpay to keep him.

Bringing Brunette back is nice, and the D they added from Nashville will help, so its a good trade off for day 1.

Unbelievable. They were saying on WEEI Sports Radio yesterday that Hossa was close to signing with the Bruins. :no

Unbelievable. They were saying on WEEI Sports Radio yesterday that Hossa was close to signing with the Bruins. :no

I feel bad for you because I thought he might sign with your team; OTOH, your team is in a better position than mine.

Oh, and your Bruins play in the East- they don't have to play the Wings a lot.

BTW, what happened to the "Thugs and Drugs" part of the Patriots in your signature?

I'll assume the Pats released the guy you mentioned on Monday.

no they weren't, Chiarelli said they dropped out early from the Hossa sweepstakes, despite the rumored 100 millon/12 year offer from the bruins

Think of this possible powerplay:

Raflalski
Lindstrom
Zetiburg
Hossa
Datsuk

Now thats sick!!

The rest of the NHL should just give up 2008-09,.

The only way Detroit doesn't repeat is if they are hit by an injury plague of epic proportions.

I just noticed the Wings also sign the Penguins backup goaltender Ty Conklin to one-year deal. I take back what I said last month about Pittsburgh being my Eastern Conference pick for next years Stanley Cup Finals.

I'm waiting to see who the Pens sign to replace these guys before I write them off. They've done a pretty good job of getting the players they've needed over the last few years. :)

Lets be honest guys.....Detroit has done a very good job of staying below the salary cap and still having a farm club for new players waiting in the wings. (no pun intended) This allows them to pick up players like this when the opportunity presents itself. Also remember the Wings have a very stable ownership and management staff which many teams do not have. I think of that every time I see Scotty Bowman and Steve Yzerman out scouting or recruiting new players.

The rest of the NHL should just give up 2008-09,.

The only way Detroit doesn't repeat is if they are hit by an injury plague of epic proportions.

I don't usually agree with such statements, but I have to agree with this one.

Actually, the Wings had MORE than thier share of injuries THIS past year and won it all.

They struggled thru Feb. with like a 5 - 20 record (just a guess) until they got some regulars back.

That said, most of the guys they called up played very well and some of them were big contributors in the playoffs.

Jimbo