Redbox quietly begins testing Blu-ray rentals

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
This news is a little on the old side, but I thought it was interesting. It has been hinted in various articles found on the internet that Redbox was going to start testing Blu-ray rentals. Here are a couple of reports that Blu-ray titles have been spotted in the wild inside a Redbox: Redbox to start stocking Blu-ray? | Inside Redbox

When they make it to my local Redbox, my DVD rentals will drop to nearly zero - even if they charge $2.00 a day for Blu-ray instead of $1.00 for DVD. I rent at Redbox almost exclusively now, and Blu-ray titles will just sweeten the deal for me.

Last edited:
Never did an online search but they are listed on the machine. Not to many of them but there are a few. I think they were Hulk and Iron Man.

I have noticed them at the 3 Wally World locations around me for a few months now. And there $1.00 just like the normal DVD is.

I have a friend that stocks the Redboxes. I ask him about it and he claimed they would only be $1 as you stated. They originally had Iron Man, but due to the original problems with the disk, they did not stock them. He is supposed to call me when they stock anymore locally. FYI this was the St. Louis MO area....

DVDPlay kiosks also offer Blu-ray disks for $1.00 a night. The closest one to me is about 15 miles away, but it is such a good deal I might check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts