Reds TV announcer George Grande retiring

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I don't know what to say. For those of you that don't know him he was the first anchor on ESPN when they started. He is also the master of ceremonies for the Hall of Fame.

He started as the Reds TV announcer with Chris Welsh in 1993 and for me is really one of the best people around. He will be surely missed in MLB as a whole.

Grande exit for play-by-play veteran | reds.com: News

Watching a game I would have never even peeked at today because of this! Thanks for the news. George IS Reds baseball...one of those calm, reassuring voices that makes listening to a ball game so beautiful.

I'm sorry he is retiring, but at least he has the chance to bid goodbye to the fans.

I liked George, but I liked Marty and Joe better.

Oh, yeah me too, but I have watched way more games on TV than I have listened to on the radio. George has been there for almost half my life thus far.

Oh, yeah me too, but I have watched way more games on TV than I have listened to on the radio. George has been there for almost half my life thus far.

I'm the other way around, except when I was young, "Big Red Machine " era.
I listened to the old transistor radio every night, a lot of those dreaded West coast games against the Arch Rival Dodgers (back then they were anyways.)

Back then, you would only see the Saturday game of the week pretty much until the post season.

I'm the other way around, except when I was young, "Big Red Machine " era.
I listened to the old transistor radio every night, a lot of those dreaded West coast games against the Arch Rival Dodgers (back then they were anyways.)

Back then, you would only see the Saturday game of the week pretty much until the post season.

Yeah when I was a kid all we had was the Saturday game for the most part. I think I saw about 10 other games on TV locally that had the Reds per year.

I remember one game I listened to on the radio when the Reds were at San Diego that I could unremember. It was the dreaded Roseanne Barr National Anthem game. Ugghhhhh!

IMHO,

The Reds are still among the few teams that put more emphysis on radio than TV.

I see the hand of MB in this. I would look for a TV rotation that will include TB next year.

IMHO,

The Reds are still among the few teams that put more emphysis on radio than TV.

I see the hand of MB in this. I would look for a TV rotation that will include TB next year.

Really ?

The games are NO LONGER on WLW the mega watt station down there, at least last I checked.

I'll miss George. He's one of my favorites. I've watched him all 17 years from SportsChannel Cincinnati to the present. He used to do games with Gordy Coleman too.

the play on the field of the Reds finally drove him to retire, huh? :D

I suppose he had it slightly better than the Pirates broadcasters...

happy retirement, George!

I'll miss George. He's one of my favorites. I've watched him all 17 years from SportsChannel Cincinnati to the present. He used to do games with Gordy Coleman too.

I remember Gordy. He could never pronounce anybody's name, but a funny guy to listen to.

The Reds have been on WLW for decades and have an auto-rollover contract with Clear Channel.

The Reds have been on WLW for decades and have an auto-rollover contract with Clear Channel.

Like I said, I listened to them as a KID on WLW, so I know they are there, but I could have sworn that they went away from WLW for awhile ....

Are they on WLW on the XM WLW channel ?

Like I said, I listened to them as a KID on WLW, so I know they are there, but I could have sworn that they went away from WLW for awhile ....

Nope, blacked out because of MLB rules.

They went away from the WLWT-TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)