Redskins name controvesy

A victory for reason, common sense, and the basic principle that words (words like "congress shall make no law..." ) mean what they mean. Note that while different justices wrote different opinions, none bought into the government's position. Rather some thought the court did not go far enough is slapping it down. Good job, supremes.

I look forward to more sensible decisions.

As in, more decisions like this, sensible. And 8-0 leaves little room for doubt or accusations. Even Ruth could suddenly read the Constitution.

Gotta watch my choice of words.

Last edited:
I attended a concert performed by The Slants last night at the close of the World Beat Festival in Salem, Oregon; their first public performance since the Supreme Court decision. They spoke a couple of times about what the experience was like and how it felt to have the support of thousands of rights groups behind them.

Their politics doesn't seem at all radical and the lyrics were thoughtful and easy to understand. The music was dance music and met all the attendant specifications for same. ;)

The name of the Washington Redskins is in the news again, this time for a very different reason. :)

NFL Shop license plate locates the Redskins in Washington State
statepride617a.jpg

HAHAHAHA. :D

I wonder what State they show the Giants & Jets in? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)