Refer-a-Friend

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Understand the Pricelock is for 14 in terms of your base package cost so examp choice is 55.99 will garuntee to be 55.99 till 2011. The new customer rebates only run 12 months.

I'm not sure I'm catching your drift. Choice extra is quoted as 34.99 for new customers. They said $15 total for HD and DVR service. $1 discount on the DVR service. So that's 49.99 + tax That's the price with a $26 total discount. After 12 months it goes to $75.99 which equates to $26 more. The guy even quoted the increase to 75.99 so it's not just my math.

OK even with new customers

Choice xtra is 60.99 the price garuntee is that is not going to go up by 3 dollars next march when everyone else does.

New customer price is still nomral price service - rebates

example

assuming you signed up in november
Lets say between Nov 09 to March 2010 choice extra normal cost is 60.99 - 26.00 in rebates

Say in april the price goes up by 2 dollars on 60.99 to 62.99

So then the price lock comes in where you get 62.99 - 2.99 (price lock credit ) - 26.00

Gotcha. Is this in the fine print somewhere that the price can go up? I thought I read the fine print pretty thoroughly and, didn't see it. When looking on the website, you can look at your price for the whole 24 months. It had my price after the 12 months as staying the same. I know things go up all the time but, to me if you have a contract, it should be locked til the 24 months is up. I'm pretty sure if I told DTV after the 12 months that I wanted to pay them $3 less, there would be a problem.

Two nights ago, I tried to verify my referral. They said there was no record of it. They processed it again (so they said) They said it would post in 24 hours. I wait 48 hours, check my online account and, don't see anything. I just called them to verify it. Once again, no record of a referral. They now inform me that since I processed the rebates online, they can't add the referral. The only way it can be done is to cancel the original order and redo the entire thing.

I informed them that the guy who originally took my order said he processed the referral (before doing any rebates) and, I was all set. Well apparently it didn't go through.

So here I am now having done the entire thing over again. We'll see if the merry go round continues. This is now 3 times they have put my referral in.

It only takes once to tell them you want to give them your money for the next 24 months. God only knows how long it takes for them to give you a referral. If I weren't checking on this stuff, the install would have come and gone and, they'd be laughing about the referral like they did with the poor people who got the ole wrong number excuse.

call up and tell them to do the following.

ask them to file an escalation, under activation offers , refferal credit offer

Give them the person who reffered you name phone, account number

I just logged into my new account and it says VcustomerReferral quantity 1 free so, perhaps they finally decided I wasn't going to give up til I got it.

It also says the following 3 times but, each time it does say free so I guess it's nothing to worry about.

PLUS HD DVR™ at $49.99 for 12 Months , STARZ and SHOWTIME Free for 3 Months (Requires Redemption for $26 in Credits for 12 Months)

stonecold, I've been reading your comments in the other threads. Just read the one about you having a bunch of different codes to enter. What is your opinion on it taking me 3 different times to get a referral to show up on my online account? One rep even said it would take 24 hours to post. The latest and successful attempt was up there in no time at all.

Problem is this. There are often times where the online systems are not always in sync with out Order system and our Billign system

I made changes to a customer bill showed say 50 dollars due and there online screen still said 70.

Other times I seen changes happen instantly. As soon as I changed it on our end it changed on there end online.

Okay I just ordered online and it is showing my referral credit. So far so good.

Your Programming Selection, Special Offers & Services
CHOICE XTRA$60.99
Bill Credit until 12/31/10($21.00)
Bill Credit until 12/31/10($5.00)
HD Access$10.00
DVR Service$6.00
Ongoing DVR Monthly Credit ($1.00)
SHOWTIME UNLIMITED$12.99
Starz Super Pack$12.99
FREE for 3 Months: SHOWTIME and Starz ($24.00)
Watch More Save More ($1.98)
Referral Credit for 10 Months ($10.00)
Lease Fee$5.00
Lease Fee$5.00
Estimated First Bill Amount:$49.99
Estimated first bill amount does not include sales tax.

Your Equipment Selection
HD DVR Receiver$199.00
FREE HD DVR Receiver Upgrade Rebate ($199.00)
HD DVR Receiver$199.00
HD Receiver$99.00
Satellite DishFree
Professional InstallationFree
Shipping & HandlingFree
Equipment Total:$298.00

Tax$24.59
Order Total Paid:$322.59

This is nothing new for DirecTV - they did this to me back in '05 as well.

They do the same thing for many of their "services", like a couple of years ago when they enticed me back into the NFL Sunday Ticket package after I called to cancel.
They mailed me a postcard with what amounted to a 50% discount if I re-upped, with free SuperFan. What they -didn't- tell me was how they intended to bill me with their creative billing practices.

They were supposed to only bill me something like $30 a month for 5 months. They ended up billing me the full rate ($60/month) and then claimed it was supposed to include a $30/month "credit".
The "credit" never materialized. Calls were an exercise in patience. The Billing Dept. said I had to talk to their "Sports Packages" Dept. They said I had to speak to the "Special Promotions" Dept., which I later found out, doesn't even exist. It took almost a year to sort it out, and even then they never lived up to their promotion terms. I ended up having to "settle" for a series of discounts to balance things out. All in all it wasnt worth it - the money I saved on NFL ST was spent three times over in lost time and sheer aggravation. The new business model these days is "Act dumb and frustrate the customer into giving up"

From now on, I take down names and record every word during phone calls (They already gave me permission to do so since they advised me they're recording ME).
Seems the only way to make any headway with them at all is to call the Retention Dept. and scream "Disconnect"...
Never again. They won't stop until they're sued, and lose big.
One more "misunderstanding" from DTV Billing and I'm gone for good.

About three months ago a friend of mine decided to switch to DirecTV. I gave him my account number and he signed up through refer a friend. He got his first $10 credit on his first bill. I didn't get mine and called. I got the same story others here have gotten. "It will appear on your next bill." It did not.

The second month neither one of us got the $10 credit. We both called, and we both got told to wait another month.

The third month neither of us got our credit and we both threatened to cancel our programming altogether. Both of us got our $10 credits.

The reason they do this stuff is that they hope most people will just get fed up and stop complaining. In my mind, there is no concern for customer satisfaction at DirecTV. They know Dish Network is just as bad, so they're not worried.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts