Refer-a-friend

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
I see that there is a limit of 10 per 12 month period allowed. Would it be possible to get all 10 and save $1000 and/or not have a bill for the entire year, plus have a running credit into the next year? Would I still have to pay all the taxes or are the taxes based on the bill total after credit?

Has anyone ever done this or heard of it being done?

Also, if someone wanted to sign up as a new customer and take the AAA promo, the refer-a-friend and the national online discount offer, which phone number would they call to get all 3? There is a special number for AAA and a special number for refer-a-friend.

I believe their is a special AAA number, and I KNOW there is a special Refer a Friend line.

I would call the Refer a Friend line as you HAVE to call them to get it and inquire about the rest.

I see that there is a limit of 10 per 12 month period allowed. Would it be possible to get all 10 and save $1000 and/or not have a bill for the entire year, plus have a running credit into the next year? Would I still have to pay all the taxes or are the taxes based on the bill total after credit?
yes. They show on the bill and if you have a credit it rolls to the next month.

How about stacking the promos together? How is it best done?

I was told there are certain limitations. I.E. You can't combine the AAA discount with the Refer a Friend Discount. Also, if you want these discounts you must go through the toll friend number on the offering. You can't use the regular number and you can't go to a local retailer.

There are certain advantages of using a local retailer who does their own installs. I.E., being assured of certain equipment and the fact they will guarantee and service their own installs, when it comes to repointing the Dish etc.

I was told there are certain limitations. I.E. You can't combine the AAA discount with the Refer a Friend Discount. Also, if you want these discounts you must go through the toll friend number on the offering. You can't use the regular number and you can't go to a local retailer.

There are certain advantages of using a local retailer who does their own installs. I.E., being assured of certain equipment and the fact they will guarantee and service their own installs, when it comes to repointing the Dish etc.

A search revealed that is can be done, it just doesn't say how.

Ya right, like they are going tell me how to save the must money possible. The CSR won't have a clue.

OK, DON'T CALL .... I don't care ... however THEY are the ones that will be able to tell you what you need to know on thier end of things.

Well since the search claims you can do it; when you receive the same, please share it with us, so others can get it too.

Don't know how I did it but when I joined last year I called the AAA number and was also able to add the refer a friend discount too. I gave all the information to the person who took my order on the AAA call.

I just tried. AAA would not give me the refer-a-friend. I got every other discount except that. I'm calling the refer-a-friend number now.

UPDATE: Called customer service at 800-531-5000 opt 3. Told them I just signed up and forgot to add the RAF discount to the order. First CSR said no, but call RAF number and they can do it. I called RAF number. They said no since you now an existing customer. I called back 800-531-5000 opt 3 got a different rep. She said it can be done, but I'm going to have to transfer you to level 2 support. She transferred me. Rep said, yes please provide account #, phone # and name on account of person making referral. I provided that, she entered it, and after about 2 minutes she came back on the line and said you are good to go! Got it!
Total deal:
AAA+RAF+national discount+free showtime for a year+ free HDVR+free HD rec+free HD for life+free installation next day

It can be done!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)