Free Showtime for a year

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
I was on the D website (not signed in) and saw an advertisement for free Showtime for a year. I called D and the CSR gave it to me without any hassle.

You may want to call and try if you dont already have Showtime. I know some thats received it and other CSRs that have said for new customers only so as usual looks like its CSR roulette but you may wanna try.

I called but didn't get the deal. I did, however, get $10 off per month for a year plus the Showtime/starz deal for three months. definitely a successful call.

CSR told me she thinks Dish is offering free Showtime for a year but Direct is not. lol

Last edited:
For the ones not getting it...

I had a friend that called three times and no go. He then called and said cancel service at the voice prompts and then told the CSR that he saw the offer on the website and was calling to see if he could get it. They gave it to him with out any questions...

I called as well and was told it is a new customer offer, I said it didn't indicate that, and they said to hold on while the saw what they could do. In the end I received two months of free showtime. Nothing significant, but something is better than nothing.

Seems like a good deal, but Ive given Showtime/TMC chance for a few years on/off. Showtime royally stinks for movies. Some seem interesting but majority are just junky movies. I love Weeds/Dexter but can acquire the shows in HD like quality from alternative methods

Few years ago Showtime used to have some good horror movies at night and competed kinda with Cinemax, but something went wrong. We need a really good Horror Channel that especially has some good and kinda cheesy 1970's horror

Showtime does stink it is nothing like in the old days. I guess the only way people watch is when they give it away LOL. The best movie service now IMO is Starz and Encore.

We occasionally get free 3 months Showtime for being a good customer. But there seems nothing on worth watching. Wish they would offer Starz/Encore instead.

I called too, first they said they thought it was for new customers but I pointed out that right below is the new customer special which includes 3 months free showtime, so they gave me the 1 year free showtime. Go figure!

I called for the heck of it and they gave me 2 months free. They said the year was for new subscribers only. They also said since it is a promo it will shut off by itself. I asked them to substitute Starz but they wouldn't. Guess Charlie screwed up that chance :(

I called, and they didn't say it was for new customers only or even acknowledge that there was a promotion. He just put me on hold for a few minutes to tinker with my account and came back and said he got me 2 months free.

The deal advertised in the banner on directv's homepage ended as scheduled yesterday and the banner is no longer present on their website.

I had Showtime for a little over a month so I could record that series that was on there for my mom (I forget what it was called but it ended end of March I think)....other than that didnt watch it at all :)

For clarification . It is a new customer deal plain and simple. But retentions has had that for a while before the promotion. I would not waste the time with rententions as it will go against you when you have a real complaint.

It looks like this promo is back until the end of June. Its back on the home page.

I just got the free showtime for a year plus 3 months free of HBO, Max and Starz.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts