Reflash the Pansat 3500SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Still working on getting rid of the smoke smell

That's the reason I hate loaning equipment to friends who smoke :) If the gear was there for a long time, there will actually be a thin film of yellow goo that forms. Best bet would be to spray the mainboard with electronic degreaser and clean the chassis with some sort of surface cleaner (i.e. 409)...

That b80 that you were talking about got me confused since all I'd ever seen was a B70... did some looking around, and what do you know?

B80 is the new factory upgrade bin file!!!
I'm downloading it to upgrade my receiver now.

My guess is the B80 that you got may have come with b80 instead of b70 straight outta the factory since the B80 on the website was just put there December 1st.

http://www.pansatusa.com/product/receiver-3500S.htm

The instructions say you have to use the null modem cord to do the upgrade, not the sd card. I'm darn glad I bought a null modem cord a few weeks back since my receiver didn't come with one!

Last edited:
Yeah, I noticed that too on the pansat site the other day. It was not there when I got the receiver. Oh well, the thing is working great.

Still working on getting rid of the smoke smell

I have opened them up and taken a soft paint brush & alcohol to them to get rid of SMELLS of ALL KIND Let them dry good before you plug them in.... I would vacuum them first to get rid of the dust bunnies.
This will work on ALL electronic goodies!!!!!!

BryanSR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)