refresh receiver shaw

T

tkillian

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 24, 2021
winnsboro louisiana
i have lost cbcnews 255 and ctvnews 256 to wiggly lines like you get when bad weather comes but this only happens to these two channels and not just bad weather. every so often it says call shaw and ask to have the receiver refreshed. anybody familiar with this process or other any other way to get these two newsnetworks working

J

joshuals

SatelliteGuys Pro
i have lost cbcnews 255 and ctvnews 256 to wiggly lines like you get when bad weather comes but this only happens to these two channels and not just bad weather. every so often it says call shaw and ask to have the receiver refreshed. anybody familiar with this process or other any other way to get these two newsnetworks working
A receiver refresh can be done by accessing your account online and finding the button for refreshing your receiver. I believe a total of four attempts to refresh can be done per day via the Web.

As far as the problem you are experiencing, it's difficult to diagnose from the information given. If you are in Canada you may want to call for a tech visit. If you're in a "southern province", Shaw is in the process of moving its signals to a newer satellite that only covers roughly the northern third of the US. As the older satellites reach end-of-life, there have been many reports from users about channels disappearing and reappearing for unknown reasons. Shaw Direct in the southern US is becoming a thing of the past.......