refresh services issue!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JAMES HYDE

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
i need to refresh services on one of my receivers i went to www.directv.com/resend and when i signed in to my Directv account and checked the receiver that i need to refresh and clicked on the refresh services and it said the receiver is now being reset and the receiver did not reset at all whats wrong?????

i need to refresh services on one of my receivers i went to www.directv.com/resend and when i signed in to my Directv account and checked the receiver that i need to refresh and clicked on the refresh services and it said the receiver is now being reset and the receiver did not reset at all whats wrong?????

Have you tried calling customer service?

How do you know that the receiver wasn't reset?
When I did this, there was no indication at the receiver that anything happened.
This re-authorizes the programming for the receiver, it doesn't actually do a reset of the receiver.

I used the reset a few days ago and the web page was having trouble, you would hit the button, but it wouldn't take, but if you got the message that it has been reset then it did go.... also, if your set up for D* email, they will send you a email confirming your reset.

There may be some confusion with terminology. Are you talking about the option on the DIRECTV web site labeled "Reauthorize Receivers"? This is found on the "My Equipment" tab to the right of "Receiver problems?", and can also be accessed from "Help" --> Tools --> Reauthorize your receiver.

On the My Equipment tab, when you hover over it reveals the following: Reauthorizing essentially refreshes your receiver without having to reset it. If you're experiencing minor glitches - like missing channels, for example - reauthorizing will solve them.

The reauthorization page includes the following: "What if reauthorization doesn't fix the problem?" Answer: If you're still experiencing problems, try resetting your receiver.

So ... when you click the option on the web page, it's only sending authorization commands to the selected receiver, it is not actually resetting it. You won't see the receiver reboot, you won't actually see anything on the receiver side to know the reauthorization was initiated or succeeded. You should definitely wait about 10 minutes after sending the authorization, and if that doesn't resolve the problem then try to restart the receiver from MENU > Parental, Fab & Setup > System Setup > Reset.

Can you please tell us what it is you are trying to correct / what the issue is?

No answers yet ???
I'm guessing were wasting our time on this one ... others as well.
People, PLEASE, if you ask for help and people give suggestions, please check back and let us know what has been done and if you fix the trouble report it as well ....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)