Ref's handed the Pat's the win against the Ravens

69Mustang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
Ref's gave the Pat's the win last night against the Ravens.

If it wasn't for the Raven's coach Ryan time out call the Ravens would have been the team in the locker room celebrating. Brady was stopped cold.

Then the next play- a weak penalty against the Ravens in the end zone? Just hand them the Lombardi award and call it over why don't they.

I'm ok if the Pat's go all the way and run the table and win it all. Just do it on the field, straight up, clean. Dominate the opponent like they have been doing it. OK. Just don't hand it to them.

I'm not a Raven fan or a Patriot hater by the way.

I'm just very tired of seeing a Referee change the outcome of a game all too often.

agreed, and I have seen that bungled TD pass called the other way before too. Owens has had it called the other way for switching hands while going out of bounds.

The ravens D pretty much self-destructed following the bad timeout. Throwing a ref's flag into the stands was kind of humorous though, but uncalled for. I can't remember ever seeing a kickoff from your own 35 yard line. Thats worse than Arena football.

Just an observation of mine, I'm not a Pats fan or Pats hater, but it seems to me (maybe because I'm out here in Calif) that about 90 percent of the country wants the Pats to lose 1 game and not go undefeated. It really seemed like Tony Kornheiser on the MNF crew last night was excited when the Ravens were ahead and looking like they might end the Pats perfect season.

Just an observation of mine, I'm not a Pats fan or Pats hater, but it seems to me (maybe because I'm out here in Calif) that about 90 percent of the country wants the Pats to lose 1 game and not go undefeated. It really seemed like Tony Kornheiser on the MNF crew last night was excited when the Ravens were ahead and looking like they might end the Pats perfect season.

One word: Belijerk (or Belicheat, take your pick)

Simple explanation

jeal·ous·y /
Pronunciation[jel-uh-see]
–noun, plural -ous·ies for 4.
1. jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.
2. mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.
3. vigilance in maintaining or guarding something.
4. a jealous feeling, disposition, state, or mood.

ESPN's coverage was an absolute joke.

Thats because they cheated. In college they would have been given at least a one season death penalty as the Pats should have recieved. But after last nights game and the cheating scandal (god only knows how long that went on) its apparent that Mr Kraft owns the commish and the refs. Remember that the Pats run of "good" luck started with a bogus call in the snow against the Raiders some years ago.

Thats because they cheated. In college they would have been given at least a one season death penalty as the Pats should have recieved. But after last nights game and the cheating scandal (god only knows how long that went on) its apparent that Mr Kraft owns the commish and the refs. Remember that the Pats run of "good" luck started with a bogus call in the snow against the Raiders some years ago.

head_up_ass.jpg

Simple explanation

jeal·ous·y /
1. jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.
2. mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.

Not exactly. I'll take one SB win and a team I can be proud of over 3 and your coach anyday.

Not exactly. I'll take one SB win and a team I can be proud of over 3 and your coach anyday.
:up:up Even after the games Bellicheat appears as if he has utter contempt for the opposing coach. Its sickening. But maybe its deep rooted shame for the cheating by his New england Patricheats?

I kinda want someone to go undefeated so it will shut Mercury Morris up for good.

Simple explanation

jeal·ous·y /

It's not jealousy. It's that smug way of acting they have. Tom Brady's self-center of the universe remarks regarding his abilities and Belichik's obvious disdain for other coaches and players just makes the Pats nauseating to watch. If they were out there having a great time like Favre, with smiles on their faces and seemed to be enjoying the competition of a game, there might be a different feeling on the part of others. But the looks on their faces indicate utter contempt for everyone else. They seem to view everyone else as a cockroach they just discovered on the kitchen counter.

I cheered heavily for the Ravens last night and more so as the game continued. The crumbling of the defense was in response to the crushing realization that they had worked their asses off the hold the Pats, were on their knees during the time out breathing heavily obviously having put everything on the field, and their own coaching staff screwed them with a pre-snap timeout. Then the frustration built after the cheap end zone call for the Pats. What team was going to last against that? It was obvious that the refs were going to keep finding ways to creep the pats closer until the inevitable happened.

Also, I thought I was the only one that felt the Pats got an engineered path to the superbowl starting with that game against the raiders in the snow. That was the year of 9/11 and I still claim that the Pats were a nobody team until that year, when the NFL decided that the "Patriots" should win the superbowl. I am normally not a conspiracy theory nut job, but this was a little too coincedental. And I still think the Saints had a little engineered help last year too - coming out of Katrina with the superdome rebuilt and all.

I must say that I was pleased with the Zeppelin music coming in and out of commercials during the game though. I never did like that "Are you ready for some football" garbage as an intro by H. Williams.

This is a team I used to like to watch. But after the cheating, after the running up the score, after watching the way bellicheat acts. I can't stand them. All of these things have made me question everythig about them and their cheating organization.

Well, seeing that I use to work in sports media....the potential coup of having YOUR team cover the 1st loss of a team going undefeated is HUGE...
Our team was covering the Original Deam Team in Spain for the Summer Olympics in '92. And as much we loved the glory of watching the US kill everyone in site....EVERYONE was always talking about 'who will be the team that covers the Dream Teams 1st loss.....?' So I could see Kornheiser's excitement.

Running up the score? Are you serious? It's the Defense's job to stop them. If they can't, what should the Pats do? Run out of bounds at the 1 or throw the ball away? The real jerk, IMO, is Shula. What a waste having him the booth last night. As far as the video taping is concerned, I really don't think that's the reason they're 12-0. I'm sure there's other teams that do it. He just happened to be the first one caught and the league made an example.

Running up the score? Are you serious? It's the Defense's job to stop them. If they can't, what should the Pats do? Run out of bounds at the 1 or throw the ball away? The real jerk, IMO, is Shula. What a waste having him the booth last night. As far as the video taping is concerned, I really don't think that's the reason they're 12-0. I'm sure there's other teams that do it. He just happened to be the first one caught and the league made an example.

LMAO....typical of a Pats fan. IF it was YOUR team getting play action passes up the wazzu when losing by 4 TDs with less than 10 minutes left in the game....I assure you, you'd be having a cow yourself. But yeah, you are right, it IS the defense's responsibility to stop them. And if you are THAT good, why do you need to keep scoring if the game is in the bag in the 4th quarter??!! I just think that you are putting your QB at risk and putting a non-traditional 'bullseye' on his back....since the defense cannot take it out on Beli-jerk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)