Regional sports channels removed

They didn't lose 9 million subs money..they kept it for cash flow
If they (Sinclair) didn't lose 9 million subs money, then that means that Dish is still paying them. (That would explain why Dish is still charging us.) If they (Dish) kept the money for cash flow, then that means that Sinclair did lose the money. The middle ground would be that Dish is holding the money in a trust to pay to Sinclair when the RSN's return. That way, Sinclair gets made "whole" with back payments retroactive to when the old contract expired.

If they (Sinclair) didn't lose 9 million subs money, then that means that Dish is still paying them. (That would explain why Dish is still charging us.) If they (Dish) kept the money for cash flow, then that means that Sinclair did lose the money. The middle ground would be that Dish is holding the money in a trust to pay to Sinclair when the RSN's return. That way, Sinclair gets made "whole" with back payments retroactive to when the old contract expired.
Oh thats rich

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
I’m betting there is no retroactivity, considering the length. There is nothing to be retro active about, unless they had extensions for retroactive, and never reached a deal and pulled the channels.

Reactions: Juan
That may be rich in your mind but there is some credence to the statement. If, and that's a big if, Sinclair and DISH made up the new contract would undoubtedly include some retroactivity. They always do.
Wait, Bobby agrees with me? This must be a sign of the apocalypse! ;) :devilish

How can you have retroactively when the channels were pulled?
It depends on if the two sides can agree whose fault it was that the channels were pulled. The lawyers can put all kinds of things in the contract: damages, etc.

I’m betting there is no retroactivity, considering the length. There is nothing to be retro active about, unless they had extensions for retroactive, and never reached a deal and pulled the channels.
There is still the retroactive refund to the subscribers for the price of the sports channels, for the period of time while they are not being delivered. Yeah, I know, Dish's contract with each subscriber protects Dish from being held liable for that. Still, the removal of these expensive channels from the package should be reflected in the new monthly rates at some point, eventually, right?

If they have pulled the RSN presently then I think you should be able get extra innings and view “home teams”. I would be willing to pay that extra price to see the teams I like. There should be no blackouts if the game is not being aired on an available channel.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If they have pulled the RSN presently then I think you should be able get extra innings and view “home teams”. I would be willing to pay that extra price to see the teams I like. There should be no blackouts if the game is not being aired on an available channel.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Why though? That comes with the thought that firstly you would be entitled to the games. Every aspect of it is private business, this no entitlement. Blackouts are not government restrictions and there is a reason channels pay for those viewing rights. Capitalism at work.

Wait, Bobby agrees with me? This must be a sign of the apocalypse! ;) :devilish

It depends on if the two sides can agree whose fault it was that the channels were pulled. The lawyers can put all kinds of things in the contract: damages, etc.

There is still the retroactive refund to the subscribers for the price of the sports channels, for the period of time while they are not being delivered. Yeah, I know, Dish's contract with each subscriber protects Dish from being held liable for that. Still, the removal of these expensive channels from the package should be reflected in the new monthly rates at some point, eventually, right?
They did, when they broke out the RSN fees. If Fox sports was still there, folks in those areas would be paying more for the broken out RSN fees.

Why though? That comes with the thought that firstly you would be entitled to the games. Every aspect of it is private business, this no entitlement. Blackouts are not government restrictions and there is a reason channels pay for those viewing rights. Capitalism at work.
I guess he remembers OTA free sports...probably before your time...back in the 70s and 80s...and then the supersations

Reactions: pattykay
I guess he remembers OTA free sports...probably before your time...back in the 70s and 80s...and then the supersations

I get that, but again, there is a big reason why the channels pay for viewing rights in areas. It sucks when you can’t get what you want, but we let our government allow these companies to become conglomerates in local markets and RSN markets. It is full free trade for better or worse(worse in this case)

They should eliminate the AT120+ package as it is today, and if somebody wants the AT120+, they just tack on the RSN fee. 200 and 250 can just tack the fee on. This would make the packages align a little better for the consumer. Downside is people would say “I have to pay extra for mlb network” or something like they are with the locals.

And Price Club stole the idea from Steve Allen. Regardless, this isn't getting the RSN's back. I can't imagine Sinclair can afford this. Dish seems to be fine with losing RSNs. Losing 9 million subs money has to hurt Sinclair, unless they make it up with the doops that are paying their ransom.

Thanks to your post, now we're getting the RSN's back. Not.

And, thanks. I didn't know about the Steve Allen connection. I wasn't a big fan of his.

They should eliminate the AT120+ package as it is today, and if somebody wants the AT120+, they just tack on the RSN fee. 200 and 250 can just tack the fee on. This would make the packages align a little better for the consumer. Downside is people would say “I have to pay extra for mlb network” or something like they are with the locals.
I thought the fee was an add-on above a particular already existing baseline. IE the bill included an average RSN fee, but needed a little boost.
Thanks to your post, now we're getting the RSN's back. Not.

And, thanks. I didn't know about the Steve Allen connection. I wasn't a big fan of his.
What, you didn't like the Inventor of Pog?!

I thought the fee was an add-on above a particular already existing baseline. IE the bill included an average RSN fee, but needed a little boost.

What, you didn't like the Inventor of Pog?!
Could be, but the time for change would be on the 2021 price change. They could factored everything at that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)