Regional Sports Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, I'm the odd man out I guess. I do like some sports on TV. I really miss the Dallas Stars and Texas Rangers that were on the Regional Sports channel Dish dropped. If I can find a "solid" and affordable way to stream their games, I'll gladly drop all the Premium Channels I pay for on Dish to pay for RSC streaming.

Reactions: Jimbo
Around here…If you want your RSNs you have to get Direct Tv or Spectrum…Which just happen to be the two most expensive providers

It’s crazy I have to find a streaming site that has my local Rsn if I want to watch them

Reactions: charlesrshell
Getting rid of TV time outs to show commercials would speed up the games.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

There are no TV timeouts in the NFL, unless you’re referring to the commercial breaks they take when there is an injury or a play review. They’re just taking advantage of the stoppage. There are mandated TV timeouts in NCAA hoops…..

As far as I'm concerned there are only 2 sports, football and baseball. While football makes every effort to make it's games available across any number of viewing venues baeball, on the other hand, goes out of it's way to systematically constrict it's games to smaller and smaller potential audience pools via TV contracts with non-national providers. While the NFL provides an avenue whereby you can subscribe to and watch your favorite team (Sunday Ticket) baseball does just the opposite, they let you watch any team except your home team. Gotta love it. MLB then turns around and complains it needs to find ways to regain fans and thinks changing the game itself is the way to go. How myopic; can't run into the catcher, can't run into the 2nd baseman, can't have the pitcher hit, just flick your finger to indicate you're walking the guy thereby artificially reducing the number of pitches a pitcher must throw, force a pitcher to pitch to at least 3 batters when he's brought in, but make no effort to improve the umpires. When approx 50% of replays are overturned (Google it) you've got a serious problem and MLB continues to ignore it. So, how's that working out MLB? :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned there are only 2 sports, football and baseball. While football makes every effort to make it's games available across any number of viewing venues baeball, on the other hand, goes out of it's way to systematically constrict it's games to smaller and smaller potential audience pools via TV contracts with non-national providers. While the NFL provides an avenue whereby you can subscribe to and watch your favorite team (Sunday Ticket) baseball does just the opposite, they let you watch any team except your home team. Gotta love it. MLB then turns around and complains it needs to find ways to regain fans and thinks changing the game itself is the way to go. How myopic; can't run into the catcher, can't run into the 2nd baseman, can't have the pitcher hit, just flick your finger to indicate you're walking the guy thereby artificially reducing the number of pitches a pitcher must throw, force a pitcher to pitch to at least 3 batters when he's brought in, but make no effort to improve the umpires. When approx 50% of replays are overturned (Google it) you've got a serious problem and MLB continues to ignore it. So, how's that working out MLB? :rolleyes:
Huh
You cant watch your local team on sunday ticket

Huh
That is what I understand and the MLB Package is the same, I can watch the Tigers here in Florida but not in Michigan unless I have a RSN there.

You forgot to add MLB’s crazy blackout rules that have people like me in the “home“ territory of no less than five (!) MLB teams even though they are between 250 and 500+ miles from my home.

Reactions: AZ.
You forgot to add MLB’s crazy blackout rules that have people like me in the “home“ territory of no less than five (!) MLB teams even though they are between 250 and 500+ miles from my home.
Football only has 1 game a week...they also have blackout rules but you don't notice them unless they don't sell out the stadium

There are no TV timeouts in the NFL, unless you’re referring to the commercial breaks they take when there is an injury or a play review. They’re just taking advantage of the stoppage. There are mandated TV timeouts in NCAA hoops…..
What about the breaks after a change of possession and between quarters? That length of time is DEFINITELY determined by television.

The injury & play review times may be extended by television commercial breaks.

Huh
He didn't say Local team, he said Favorite team .... as long as your Favorite team is Out of Market, yes, he's right.

Then again, why would you buy the ST or MLB EI if your favorite team was the local one ?

He didn't say Local team, he said Favorite team .... as long as your Favorite team is Out of Market, yes, he's right.

Then again, why would you buy the ST or MLB EI if your favorite team was the local one ?
He was talking about the weird stuff like the yankees in tampa

The NFL has made a few timing rule changes in the last few years to get more games in quicker.....
Well, when the John Madden (et al) blessed day comes that CBS doesn't have to send out the now-obligatory "NFL Runover" tweet and "60 Minutes" starts at 7 PM precisely in the east (6 central time) we'll all be happy campers. And don't forget Sunday Night Football. Most often those games were kissing up to midnight ET (9 PT PT) which meant I had to trade off Leslie Jones and "Supermarket SWEEEEEEEP!" for what was left of that night's thrill-packed Al & Cris show. Good thing I have a Hopper. (Also a good thing I had an antenna to get CTV2 Vancouver Island. That saved me from the recent Tegna hell for most of the 2020 NFL campaign, but that's another matter.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)