Reliability of DiSEqC and 22kHz switches

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
I am in the planning stage of my super-duper satellite system.. it involves 5 dishes, 7-8 LNBs, a motor, a 4x1 DiSEqC, 3x 22kHz switches, and some diplexers..

My question is, just how reliable is the switching on DiSEqC switches? I plan on having it go Reciever -> Diplexer -> Diplexer -> 4x1 -> 22kHz -> LNB for most, where one port will be 4x1 -> H-H Motor -> LNB

With this many switching/selecting/active/moving devices, am I going to run into issues?

Like, going from G10, on DiSEqC 4 22kHz on, to IA5 on DiSEqC 1 USALS to 97, back to Echostar 7 on DiSEqC 2 22kHz off.. I guess I just think its alot for a reciever to keep track of, and take care of.

I also need to find a Dual-output Standard Ku LNBF to complete this, trying to find a good one.. (I am putting together a shopping list...)

EDIT: Added Concept Diagram

Attachments

• Satellite Setup.jpg
    Satellite Setup.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 228
I don't know if the 22k switches would work with the motor. I tried that once and it didn't work. :)

Well, the motor feed wont have anything else after it, just a Standard LNBF (so no 22kHz at all would be necessary)

I guess more of the question of switching between ports, and 22kHz, and DiSEqC 1.2 data, all coming in rapid sucession..

it can be done

I have 5 ports for one receiver...2 of which are on a 22k after the diseqc (before the lnb)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)