Reliability of DiSEqC and 22kHz switches

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
I am in the planning stage of my super-duper satellite system.. it involves 5 dishes, 7-8 LNBs, a motor, a 4x1 DiSEqC, 3x 22kHz switches, and some diplexers..

My question is, just how reliable is the switching on DiSEqC switches? I plan on having it go Reciever -> Diplexer -> Diplexer -> 4x1 -> 22kHz -> LNB for most, where one port will be 4x1 -> H-H Motor -> LNB

With this many switching/selecting/active/moving devices, am I going to run into issues?

Like, going from G10, on DiSEqC 4 22kHz on, to IA5 on DiSEqC 1 USALS to 97, back to Echostar 7 on DiSEqC 2 22kHz off.. I guess I just think its alot for a reciever to keep track of, and take care of.

I also need to find a Dual-output Standard Ku LNBF to complete this, trying to find a good one.. (I am putting together a shopping list...)

EDIT: Added Concept Diagram

Attachments

• Satellite Setup.jpg
    Satellite Setup.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 229
I don't know if the 22k switches would work with the motor. I tried that once and it didn't work. :)

Well, the motor feed wont have anything else after it, just a Standard LNBF (so no 22kHz at all would be necessary)

I guess more of the question of switching between ports, and 22kHz, and DiSEqC 1.2 data, all coming in rapid sucession..

it can be done

I have 5 ports for one receiver...2 of which are on a 22k after the diseqc (before the lnb)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)