Remanufactured 622 installed

eilros

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
South Bend, IN
I just checked the back of the 622 that was installed yesterday and it looks like I was given a remanufactured unit (the serial number sticker says remanufactured on it). I know I didn't request a remanufactured unit and it wasn't mentioned when I ordered the upgrade. Is that common practice?

Does it matter??? Does it worK? It's leased.. It's standard practice with Dish. As stated above, if you want new.. Fork over the $450-500 to buy it.. Dish has been giving remans as long as I can remember and I don't see them stopping.. With what I have seen the remans don't have any higher failure rate than a new one.. :)

If its leased they can give you new or referbished and you have no say.

No difference in reman product Vs New, a matter of fact 1/2 of all the receivers in my house are remanufactured and I got no issues. Get a good surge protector and you will not have a problem!

Worse case scenario it goes bad, you call Dish and they send you another one out.

Actually, a reman may be preferred, as they were to have fixed the "new" box's bugs and problems. Like taking that brand-new car back to the dealer for all manor of quirky adjustments and annoying electronic little fixes. I personally don't have a problem with reman--IF it is a lease or a replacement. Those can often be more stable. I have bought a few brand-new in my day, and those should never be reman, unless declared.

If its leased they can give you new or referbished and you have no say.

No difference in reman product Vs New, a matter of fact 1/2 of all the receivers in my house are remanufactured and I got no issues. Get a good surge protector and you will not have a problem!

Worse case scenario it goes bad, you call Dish and they send you another one out.

Exactly..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts