Reminant of DVR cursor remains on Screen

fharris770

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
Georgia
Lately I have, found from time to time, what appears to be a part of the DVR cursor showing up on my TV screen. It appears on both live and recorded programs. At first I thought it was a problem with by LED TV, but rebooting the hopper corrects the problem for a while then it reoccurs. I actually changed the color of the cursor from orange to white and the cursor artifact changed colors also.

Anyone else having the problem? My software download is current and I see the problem only on HWS. My other DVR is the basic Hopper and I don't see the problem with that unit although I use the HWS far more than the other hopper.

You can set the cursor to invisible in the settings. Maybe that will work?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
+1. That's because we were used to having no cursor with the earlier Dish boxes for at least 15 years. The cursor was on obstruction to us. It always got in the way of what we wanted to see. The cursor made sense when they were going to have that finger and trigger remote for the 922, but NOT without it.

I have never seen this problem with my HWS. Can anyone tell me how to replicate the problem?
I have an H2k, and it's not fully reproducible. The only time it happens to me is in a DVR folder that requires scrolling. When you scroll to the bottom to get to the oldest recording, sometimes the 'tail' of the cursor remains after selecting and playing it.

I mitigated it just about completely by selecting a smaller cursor, so I can't really say if it's still doing it.

I've had a couple of different things happen, both on HWS's. On one, we were watching Netflix, and got a phone call. I paused the show to answer the phone, and when I pushed play later, there was a cursor on-screen where the CallerID would usually be (CallerID didn't come on with Netflix; anyone else seeing this?). I had to get completely out of Netflix to get rid of it. This appears to be a bug in the Netflx app; maybe not related to the discussion here.

On the other HWS, there was a tiny green spot near the bottom of the screen that wouldn't go away. It looked like the screen was "torn" or folded back with a little bit of white next to the green. I got rid of this by rebooting.

I've had a couple of different things happen, both on HWS's. On one, we were watching Netflix, and got a phone call. I paused the show to answer the phone, and when I pushed play later, there was a cursor on-screen where the CallerID would usually be (CallerID didn't come on with Netflix; anyone else seeing this?). I had to get completely out of Netflix to get rid of it. This appears to be a bug in the Netflx app; maybe not related to the discussion here.

On the other HWS, there was a tiny green spot near the bottom of the screen that wouldn't go away. It looked like the screen was "torn" or folded back with a little bit of white next to the green. I got rid of this by rebooting.

I have this same issue with my HWS.

This just started happening to me about a month ago and it's been driving me crazy. I knew it wasn't the TV because it only happens with dish. I tried using a different HDMI cable and nothing.

Found this thread and set the cursor to invisible then resized my screen and set it back. It's gone. I didn't realize it was the cursor until I had the guide on and was up close to the TV and noticed the cursor matched it.

Thanks everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)