Problem with Dallas/FT Worth Local Channels - Please Help

kg2280

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Dallas, TX
For the past couple weeks I've had an issue with my local channels. I get no picture or sound, only a black, blank screen. No messages or anything. It basically looks like the TV is off. It's only on my local channels and any programs I have scheduled to record are not being recorded. I have to unplug and replug the hopper before recordings are scheduled to start to get locals back and/or to record programs. This solution only lasts a day and it's becoming very irritating. Calls to tech support seem to be of no help whatsoever as all they tell me to do is reboot. Is anyone else experiencing this or can point me in the right direction for a solution please.

For the past couple weeks I've had an issue with my local channels. I get no picture or sound, only a black, blank screen. No messages or anything. It basically looks like the TV is off. It's only on my local channels and any programs I have scheduled to record are not being recorded. I have to unplug and replug the hopper before recordings are scheduled to start to get locals back and/or to record programs. This solution only lasts a day and it's becoming very irritating. Calls to tech support seem to be of no help whatsoever as all they tell me to do is reboot. Is anyone else experiencing this or can point me in the right direction for a solution please.
What does your system consist of so far all we know is it is a Hopper that is having problems with Dallas local channels?

i too am in the DFW area TV market and have had issues with the locals with the channels not working at time where it's just a blank black screen with no audio, and not only that, it's also doing it on the national channels too on my setup.

it's been happening since i had the hopper. in fact my home is on it's second hopper as the first one did the same issues like this current hopper is doing. it's also at times "losing signal" on the the HD channel a good weather day and forcing to turn into the SD. and at times on the first Hopper that has been replaced.

and at times it wouldn't record anything at all sometimes until i reset the hopper.

and i have had dish out at my home twice since we got the hopper/joey upgrade back in late February. the first time, they check the setup and realign the dish and replace the eye. and the 2nd time, the man Dish sent just replaced the Hopper

by the way i'm on the 110/119/129 Western Arc setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)