REMINDER: HBO Special Price Ending 9/20

Better is subjective. Netflix is a strong worthy competitor for sure with it's own original programming. HBO for me happens to be a little better, I like their original programming (and have many many years). I like their boxing and other sports shows like Outside the Lines, Real Sports....
I use Netflix in a different way. When there is a specific series I want to watch from them I subscribe for one month and watch it all, and maybe other things not available elsewhere. Then do not subscribe again till there is more I want. HBO has more continuing shows and things I watch.
Alot of HBO is on netflix

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Alot of HBO is on netflix

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Yeh, but a lot of the crossover shows are "pay for" or if you get the channels through Netflix. My HBO subscription will not work in Netflix. They're are getting to be just like a cable provider. And the Netflix app on the H3 sucks. I get HDR only after a "pull-the-plug" reboot and only for a short time. Plus it's far easier to get it through the apps on my TV's and devices and content direct has much better PQ.

I just get Netflix. Does HBO offer any better movies than Netflix? Plus, I can watch on my schedule without recording.

I have Amazon Prime that has thousands of TV shows and movies. Netflix as well as Hulu are good choices too. The days of "needing" HBO or Showtime is coming to and end. Many other streaming choices are available for less money too.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I received my dish bill today for the period off 10/2 to 11/1. It shows HBO at $10 special price even though I had selected discontinue after 9/20 when special price is going bye-bye. I realize the discontinue drop-box has been gone for awhile but shouldn’t my HBO have dropped off of next months bill?

I received my dish bill today for the period off 10/2 to 11/1. It shows HBO at $10 special price even though I had selected discontinue after 9/20 when special price is going bye-bye. I realize the discontinue drop-box has been gone for awhile but shouldn’t my HBO have dropped off of next months bill?
If it is still $10, then what are you complaining about? Wait until the price actually increases, and then drop it.

Everything that HBO or Showtime is not on other sources. But much of it is, especially the movies. Unfortunately HBO is $15 a month via streaming too, even though the cost on getting it to the viewer is a lot less as there is no satellite service. I only picked up HBO for the $10 a month and there are a very few programs I watch. I will drop it when mine deal runs out in October.

The only thing I watch is Westworld. I'll sub to HBO NOW when the next season comes out. The movies on HBO seem to circulate among the other premium providers, so I don't think I'm missing much there. Will be interesting to see if the HBO free previews on Dish come to an end as well of it they will continue a few times a year.

The only thing I watch is Westworld. I'll sub to HBO NOW when the next season comes out. The movies on HBO seem to circulate among the other premium providers, so I don't think I'm missing much there. Will be interesting to see if the HBO free previews on Dish come to an end as well of it they will continue a few times a year.
I only have HBO for the series tv shows. The movies are interchangeable with other premium services.

Reactions: jannah
I think back when the drop box went away, they sent out an email stating sometime around October or November the “special price,” originally sold as the for life price, will go away.

They typically will continue all the way up until the date. So if you got a billing statement prior to 9/20, then it usually would not reflect the change yet. If you requested for it to fall off at the end of the period, it should drop off after today... should being the optimal word. Who knows what they are doing in the back offices.

The date has come ..... and gone anyone lose the $10 price? I have not as yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)