Reminder: the Eurovision Song Contest is early this year

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Tuesday the 9th, Thursday the 11th, and Saturday the 13th. Presumably on the same channels it usually is, but if anyone has time to confirm any of them, please post here.

BVN has the best quality video, but is delayed to our prime time. That's what I'll be watching/recording. 8 p.m. on the 9th for the first round and 11th for 2nd round. Schedule should be up tomorrow for the time on the 13th -- usually starts an hour earlier around 7 because the show lasts longer on the final night.

TV Romania International: 1-3 p.m. LIVE on the 9th, same time on the 11th, 1-4:30 p.m. on the 13th. Haven't noticed any other stations carrying it live.

Reactions: KE4EST
According to a poster at Rick's, RTPI (Portugal) will be carrying it live today. He was correct about them carrying it live Tuesday and delayed Thursday.

RTPI's widescreen video is pretty good. It may be a little softer than BVN's, but then again BVN does NOT have the bandwidth to sustain sharpness with a lot of motion or flashing lights. (Maybe RTPI doesn't either, but my point is that BVN in motion breaks up REALLY bad.)

Ukraine's 2003 winner, Ruslana, is supposed to be the opening act today. I'm hoping to see that.

Reactions: northgeorgia
That would be great! RTPI hasn't carried it in past years, from what I recall. Yes, it does seem to be in their schedule!

I don't think Portugal was competing for a few years, but they are this year.

RTPI isn't pixelating hardly at all right now, a big change from BVN which doesn't even deinterlace right sometimes (unless that's my receiver's fault.)

Now it sounds like Ruslana is going to perform after the competition, not before. I don't know whether it'll be televised, I guess I'll find out in a few hours...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)