Remote 54.0, Turn On/Off SAT, TV & AUX with just the On/Off button?

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
Is there a way to turn On/Off the SAT, TV & AUX (audio amp) with just the main power button on the Dish 54.0 remote?

Reactions: billowens
If you have a TV and an amp that comply with HDMI-CEC you can enable it and turning the TV off/on will at least turn the amp/TV on/off.

Personally I found HDMI-CEC to be irritating and not consistent, so I turned it off and use my 40.0 remote with two buttons .

Not single press... but if you do voice command “Turn off” it will shut the receiver off. Then press tv and power... will turn the other two off.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That sucks, its 3 extra button press to turn on/off an amp, that is ridicules, and this remote supposed to be the latest and the greatest.

Only 2. Press and hold voice command(one press)
Press TV(second press)
Press power(third press)

Your proposal
Press power(one press)

Also, you can press power and it will sh*t down the tv and aux unit, and start a 5 minute count down on the receiver to turn it off. It would require that your remote is programmed to all three devices and I believe an HDMI cEC type setting has to be set on the aux.

This voice command is a gimmick, I played with it and I don't intend ever using it.

Reactions: Jon J
With alexa and Google Home... and the competition... it is a good gimmick. It’s great for kids that can’t read. My son, when he was 4, would speak “Nickelodeon” and watched. It was great. I agree it is a gimmick, but so is 3D and 4K. Sometimes gimmicks are what is needed.

My Hopper 3 goes into my soundbar and the soundbar goes into the TV (ARC). Once I set up my remote under Devices to include my TV and soundbar, and switched HDMI-CEC to On, I just aim the remote at the soundbar and it turns all three devices on/off.

That's assuming you have HDMI ARC devices. If you don't, I don't know how to get it to work.

Probably remote 55.0 will be able to turn on all your devices with one button. They can change it with one line of code!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Be nice to see an option to purchase a Logitech style universal. They can sell it for $120, although I can see people complaining how it should be free. I remember when they had the Logitech keyboard... people expected that for free too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)