remote 6.3/ platinum interchangeable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

darren_s

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Tennessee
My folks have what the system info says is a DP501.
The remote that came with it is a platinum. I bought them one that says 6.3 on the back and has a blue 2 on the bottom. I have programmed the remote and verified the address, but I can't get it to work.

Should the 6.3 control the 501?

I've only been able to get the IR to work if I need to replace a remote on the 501/508/510 with a non-Platinum remote. The Platinum UHF is in a league of it's own, I think. Other old UHF remotes might work (i.e. a 4000 receiver UHF remote), but I might be wrong.

If nothing else, just take that blue key with the 2 on it out and flip it around. That will put the remote in IR mode.

The 6.3 is UHF Pro, but the 501 uses the older UHF remotes (non Pro). Like Skibum said, flip the chip over. It will either be a green IR or a black UHF (more likely). Both will operate the 501.

Take the battery cover off and it will slide off towards the bottom of the remote. I use my thumbnail.

lol
I'm holding a 6.3 in my hand and the screw is just used to hold the remote together. The chip will still slide out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)