remote access app

Jamie57

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Everytime i try to watch something on my phone or from a computer the video plays for about 5 seconds then it says "can not sling either pip is active or no tuner is available" but the sound keeps going in the background. Any ideas what is wrong? This worked fine before the software update.

Please post which Hopper version you are on. Thanks!

Everytime i try to watch something on my phone or from a computer the video plays for about 5 seconds then it says "can not sling either pip is active or no tuner is available" but the sound keeps going in the background. Any ideas what is wrong? This worked fine before the software update.
I'm seeing the same message on my Mac yet video and audio play back properly!

Jamie57 said:

I just got that message on my iPhone for the first time ever. It continued to play fine but the message was right in the middle of the screen with no option to close it.

I decided to give it a try and sure enough, got the same message. Actually it worked fine for me over WiFi, but as soon as I switched to 3G, I started getting the message. Definitely a bug! I am on S209. Here is a screen shot.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-578131943.jpg
    image-578131943.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 158
And just to clarify, no, I do not have PiP active on the Hopper, and all tuners are currently available. So the message is totally out of place. The streaming works fine behind the message, and there is no easy way to close it!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My Hopper just got S211 update. Dish remote app on my iPhone is at version 2.5.13/1.0.29
I am still getting the above error message. :(

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

stimpson said:
Hitting the "live" tab didn't make it go away?

Yes, I can make it go away. Thanks for the tip!
But next time I start the app I get that error message again.

I see Dish has just released a new version of the iPad app (but not the iPhone app). Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)