Remote Access - missing channels

JeffMo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Missouri
A couple of days ago I noticed the Platinum stations and Fox RSN local sports stations are now missing from the Remote Access guide. No problems accessing the channels with the receiver but they simply vanished from Remote Access. Reported the issue to Dish Chat but of course they advised me to reboot the receiver and reset network connection even though I told them I had already been there-done that. Finally the customer service rep said she would pass it along to the techs. Hope this gets fixed as I use Remote Access to search for movies and feeds of RSN games playing each day.

Remote access is going through a transition. On the "Broadband" set up screen there is a new option for "Web activation" or something close to that. Follow the instructions from there.

I used the "Web activation" feature when initially setting up Remote Access several months ago. That is not the problem. The CSR logged into my Remote Access account and confirmed the channels were not listed in the guide even though they are supposed to be.

I'm speculating it may be related to the new programming packages coming on June 3 wherein the platinum package will be split out for new customers but who knows? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts