remote access of dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdbaker

Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
OKC
This is the same question with a few clarifications. I want to be able to watch my DVR recordings from some where other than my house. Some body suggested the sling box and that will work. I don't want to rip anything only watch it and need to know the least expensive way to get it done. If there are any other suggestions that's great, if it can only be done with a device such as a sling box are there any other manufacturers of the same type of component. Thanks

Don't you have coax running to all your other sets? A cheap $10 modulator (& maybe an amp depending on how many sets you have) with a coax run back to where all your coax cables are, would solve your problem. You DVR should at least be RF capable & if you do NOT already have an RF remote, you can buy one for around $25 & control it from any TV in your house.

I do this now, but on a grander scale - with 9 DVR's that play out out to ALL rooms in my house - done it for years.
Now of course, this will NOT enable you to send HD signals over the coax - but you made no mention of that, so I assume that's a non-issue for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sluggish remote response on the HR22 and R22

HD upgrade question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)